Fax in xp home premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley50

Hi - I have been trying without success to install 'fax services' in XP sp3 via Add/Remove Programs (Windows Components). First I found that I had installed the wrong version of sp3 so I installed the correct version over the top. The problem is that the 'fsx...dll files will not copy with no clue as to why. They all have an April date.
Any ideas? TKIA

edit: I get the following: "Setup could not copy one or more files. The specific error code is 0x4b8. Press
OK to continue or Cancel to stop set up and try again. If you continue the components may not function properly"

can you not remove sp3 from add remove programs?

Try start > run> sfc /scannow

Run "chkdsk C: /f " and type y to allow it run at bootime.
then install sp3 again.

i am puzzled as to how you installed wrong ver sp3 unless you installed a beta version?
files with april date are ok as sp3 was released not long after.

I am on vista at the moment but i think that sp3 appears in updates with a KB........ number i'll check and get back to you.

Hi - thanks for your time. I take it you are suggesting I remove SP3 and then reinstall it? It is listed as 'Windows XP Service Pack 3' in 'add.remove' programs. Is this a survivable event??cheers

Uninstalling sp3 should'nt be a problem

if you have problems run "sfc /scannow" as i suggested, You will probably have to reinstall IE7 cause it might revert to IE6 and when you click the desktop icon it just creates another IE shortcut on desktop, but the icon in start menu still works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back