Fax on Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Walton

Hi all

Ive setup fax on our server at work (server 2008) it sends and recieves fine, but we have some computers on XP and some on Vista. I cant seem to find out how to setup the fax (from the server) on any computers on the network.

Its setup through a modem thats plugged into the phone line, when i tried to set it up on Vista it says enter the fax server network path, so i shared the fax printer on the server (with permisions) and typed in the path \\server name\fax and its doesnt find it, also a shard folder has appeard call fax client but the setups inside wont install. they say install the fax through printers and faxes.

On the XP computers there is no option to network the fax machine, allthough if you go on the server and open the fax printer you can see the inbox and outbox messages, but i want to be able to send from these computers.

Sorry for the essay

thanks for any help in advance

Joe

Do you have any Shares on Vista and if so, can they be accessed from XP?

Do you have any Shares on Vista and if so, can they be accessed from XP?

Yes to both questions,

Ive figured out what was wrong with the vista computers, Stupidly i was trying to set it up on my laptop which i take everywhere and is not on the domain, so permissions must have been affecting that, as soon as i tried it on a vista pc on the domain it worked, but on the XP computers still no luck I dont think its goin to be possible on xp theres just no option that supports network faxing.

Does anybody know any good software that I can use for this, basically for a fax modem in the server then share it out over all computers on the network (XP & Vista) so they can also send faxes. Any help appreciated.

thanks Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back