FFVII PC Video Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Radeon 9600XT and FFVII doesn't support 8Bit Paletted Textures. Are there any new updated video drivers for this game? It will not let me select hardware rending, just software rendering. Help Please!!

Hehehe - You don't know how much trouble and how long I've been working on getting this working. I never got it working on any machine with a recent card. I finally resorted to running it on my dual 733 with a GeForce 4 Ti 4400 - on which it runs perfectly AS LONG AS I don't turn on AA. I've never gotten it working on a Radeon card and I've tried on a 9600 pro, 9800 pro, and 9800 pro AIW. You might have better luck than I did though - but make sure you install the patch from http://support.eidosinteractive.com...emType=-9&searchText=video&game=79&platform=3

The closest I came was after installing the Riva TNT patch. As far as I know it's the only way to get D3D working without a Voodoo card.

Originally posted by LNCPapa
Hehehe - You don't know how much trouble and how long I've been working on getting this working. I never got it working on any machine with a recent card. I finally resorted to running it on my dual 733 with a GeForce 4 Ti 4400 - on which it runs perfectly AS LONG AS I don't turn on AA. I've never gotten it working on a Radeon card and I've tried on a 9600 pro, 9800 pro, and 9800 pro AIW. You might have better luck than I did though - but make sure you install the patch from http://support.eidosinteractive.com...emType=-9&searchText=video&game=79&platform=3

The closest I came was after installing the Riva TNT patch. As far as I know it's the only way to get D3D working without a Voodoo card.

So the Riva TNT patch does install correctly even though I'm using an ATI vid card? What do I do after it installs, try configuring FFVII again?

Actually - on a Radeon card the furthest I got was partial videos. Never actually got into the actual game :( Sorry about the miscommunication there. I've only ever gotten it to work on nVidia based cards and my old Voodoo 2. There should be a readme included with the RivaTNT patch though - 'cause I don't remember what the steps are.

Here's what you do:

1. Buy the Playstation version.

2. Download ePSXe and a playstation BIOS.

3. Play it with any video card.

I had spent so much time trying to get FFVII PC to work a few years ago. It's not even worth it. Just play the PS version since the music is better and just less buggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back