File = Access Denied?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey, new to the place, been looking for help, figured id try here. heres my story:

sold my computer to this lady. erased all my crap from it, but did not reinstall windows or anything. basicaly sold as is. took the harddrive form her old computer, put it into her new ( my old) computer, and had to take a bunch of pictures and files off of there.

she just had a baby, so she has pictures from its 1st through 9th month, sorted in folders.

all pictures and folders were swapped from her old hdd to the new computer, except for one: 2nd month

wen i try to open or copy or do anything with the folder, it tells me access denied. her account on the computer is administrator, because she is either signed into my acc (i used the defualt administrator from the begining of xp install, never made an account for myself) or on an account that i might have made for her (dont remember if i did or not, i sold her the computer back in mid august.

now shes basically harrassing me about her 2nd folder, saying stuff like "its my babys life that were talking about, it was his 2nd month! " etc etc., meanwhile in my mind im thinking "like theres really going to be much difference between he ending of his 1st month and the begining of his 3rd month.

anyway, need help on how to take the file and put it onto her computer, cuz im tired of hearing her QQ and flip out and ****. if she were someone else, id say **** it and just ignore her calls, but shes my friends older sister, and shes ****in cracked out buggin out ballin her eyes out and watnot.

any help is greatly appreciated.

-thatperuvianguy

p.s.
if this is one of those forums that enforce non-vulgarity, then please accept my apology for the words i used above, but i just got off the phone with her inwhich shes yelling and she eventualy hung up on my face because i told her to bring her hdd to firedog inside circuitcity and shes like im not paying for it, etc etc.

get the emotion out of this and try to see BOTH sides.

the fix is quite simple
  • boot into SAFE MODE
  • login to admin account
  • find the folder
  • 'take ownership' of it
  • then add her login and assign Full Control

get the emotion out of this and try to see BOTH sides.

the fix is quite simple
  • boot into SAFE MODE
  • login to admin account
  • find the folder
  • 'take ownership' of it
  • then add her login and assign Full Control

if that solves the problem, then let me ask u this:

how come all the other files in the same directory moved over smoothly, but this one folder cant be accessed?

Each folder can either Inherit permissions, or have Unique permission.

While in S.M. you can investigate the permissions of both before taking any action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back