Final Fantasy VII Remake is a blast from the past

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Bottom line: Square Enix at the Tokyo Game Show (TGS) on Wednesday published a new trailer for one of the most anticipated remakes in modern memory. Based on what's been shown thus far, it certainly looks like it'll be worth the wait.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is based on the original Final Fantasy VII, a groundbreaking action role-playing game released on the PlayStation in 1997. Fans have been clamoring for a remake since the mid-2000s but various reasons were given over the years as to why it wasn’t happening.

Around 2015, however, Final Fantasy producer Shinji Hashimoto and cohorts realized that if they didn’t develop the remake soon, Father Time would eventually get the better of them. As such, development got under way later that year.

Final Fantasy VII is scheduled to launch on PlayStation 4 on March 3, 2020. It’ll be an episodic release meaning the full game won’t arrive all at once. Rather, it’ll be spread out over multiple installments.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Pass on the episodic release. Square, when the whole thing is ready, let us know.

It’ll be an episodic release meaning the full game won’t arrive all at once. Rather, it’ll be spread out over multiple installments.
As much as I love the original FF7, I am absolutely no fan of standing on the cash cow platform waiting for the wallet sucking choo-choo train to come crawling past.
I will buy it if they are expanding the content as they said and if each individual part is a full game worth the price.

I felt the timing was a bit weird to release such an iconic title on a platform that is at the very end of it's life cycle. I assume they want to push some more consoles before next gen arrives.

Since they are making this for next gen as well I'll just wait until PS5 or whatever launches. Maybe it'll be up to Episode 2 by then.

But the true question is : "Will Aries die again ? Will she be able to live and continue to play until the end of the game ?"

Back