Findables smartphone case includes QR code with owner's information

Shawn Knight

TechSpot Staff
Staff member
Losing your smartphone can put a damper on even the best of days and while programs like Find my iPhone can go a long way to helping you recover what’s yours, often times you’re left having to rely on the...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/53666-findables-smartphone-case-includes-qr-code-with-owners-information.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

G

Eh? Never heard of a sharpie? Or even as a locked screen background? Most decent people will, if the phone is unlocked, just call "mom" or "home". There are cheaper ways to do this.

Jad Chaar

Elite Techno Geek
This will never work. If someone steals an iPhone, they want to keep it or sell it. Very few people nowadays actually return stuff they find sadly :(. Trust me, I have experience.

penn919

TS Maniac
This will never work. If someone steals an iPhone, they want to keep it or sell it. Very few people nowadays actually return stuff they find sadly :(. Trust me, I have experience.
Obviously this concept wasn't intended to address theft. It's merely intended to help good Samaritans find owners of misplaced phones.

Skidmarksdeluxe

TS Evangelist
A pretty useless thing to have in my country. Over here nobody 'looses' or 'misplaces' a phone. They are stolen, even at the expense of the owners life.

Reactions: Jad Chaar

Skidmarksdeluxe

TS Evangelist
Obviously this concept wasn't intended to address theft. It's merely intended to help good Samaritans find owners of misplaced phones.
'Good Samaritans'. Aren't they all but extinct. Hopefully a few still exist but you don't come across them everyday. Pity.