Firefox Hijacked, IE Page Won't Display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help....

My Dell Laptop has been Hijacked, everytime i Search in Firefox I get redirected to another site.

My IE explore comes back with Page Can Not be Displayed all the time.

I am hoping you can save the day

Attached is my log...

thanks

here is my after Malware instruction followed log

Followed the instructions on that other page, here is my second log

Will Do

Ok folks, you caught me, I was trying to take the short cut but from reading other posts, it looks like taking the right steps is the correct approach. I will work on this tomorrow.. follow the steps and post the right stuff. Wish me luck

Tommy

Instructions Followed 3 loggs attached

Alright Mr Pooh Bear, I think I did everythuing right. I didn't have any of the programs listed in Step 1 running so if I missed somethimg let me know.

After Super Anti Spyware sweep I tried to update Java and I got an invalid Registry Key message so I went to the Java site and downloaded the program again. I then ran the Hijack This thing.

So... the redirect problem seems to be solved but after I ran the Super Anti Spyware once, I couldnt find the log so instead I just ran it again when I got home from work and saved that log. Why did it find 25 things again?

Do I leave the Super Anti Spyware program up and running all the time now?

Thanks for everything, I owe you guys and gals some beer.

Tommy

Attachments

• hijackthis2.txt
    8.5 KB · Views: 5
Mbam found and removed (Rootkit.Agent) We may need to run another program for this. We'll see.

Have SuperAntispyware remove the Tracking Cookies.
Add these extensions to Firefox:
AdBlock Plus: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865
Add all three Easy Lists: http://easylist.adblockplus.org/
These two add-ons work together to prevent the Tracking Cookies form getting on the system.

Open Firefox> Tools> Options> Privacy section> UNCHECK 'accept all Cookies'> CHECK 'accept Cookies from Sites'.

Disable Real Time protection before running HijackThis again:
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PcCtlCom.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\Tmntsrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\tmproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 14\TMAS_OE\TMAS_OEMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [pccguide.exe] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 14\pccguide.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [OE_OEM] "C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security 14\TMAS_OE\TMAS_OEMon.exe"
Update Java to v6u10 here: http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
Update Adobe to v9 here: https://www.techspot.com/downloads/2083-adobe-reader-dc.html

Please re-open HiJackThis and scan.*Check* the boxes next to all the entries listed below:
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: CBrowserHelperObject Object - {CA6319C0-31B7-401E-A518-A07C3DB8F777} - C:\Program Files\BAE\BAE.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O9 - Extra button: Bodog Poker - {F47C1DB5-ED21-4dc1-853E-D1495792D4C5} - C:\Program Files\Bodog Poker\BPGame.exe>> The poker games are known to put adware on your computer.
O23 - Service: dlcj_device - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dlcjcoms.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: Process Monitor (LVPrcSrv) - Unknown owner - c:\program files\common files\logitech\lvmvfm\LVPrcSrv.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Central Control Component (PcCtlCom) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\PcCtlCom.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Real-time Service (Tmntsrv) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\Tmntsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Personal Firewall (TmPfw) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\TmPfw.exe
O23 - Service: Trend Micro Proxy Service (tmproxy) - Trend Micro Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\INTERN~1\tmproxy.exe
O23 - Service: Viewpoint Manager Service - Viewpoint Corporation - C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe

Now close all windows other than HiJackThis, then click Fix Checked. Close HiJackThis and reboot into Safe Mode:

Start> Run> type in ''msconfig' without the quotes> Selective Start-up> Startup tab> UNCHECK everything EXCEPT the antivirus an firewall processes> Apply> OK. This included the Dell Printer. This does not need to start at boot- you an start it manually when needed.

Go to Add/Remove program in Control Panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).
Bodog Poker
All versions of JAVA except v6u10
All versions of Adobe Reader Except v9
Viewpoint Manager

Open your Task Manager> End Task for BPGame.exe

Start> Run> services.msc> right click> Properties on each of the following and change the Startup type to Disabled:
ALL TrendoMicro Real Time Service
Java QuickStart
Change and Dell Services for printer to Manual[/B]

Now close all windows other than HiJackThis, then click Fix Checked. Close HiJackThis and reboot.
Scan with HijackThis again-with all Real Time protection temporarily disabled. See the following for more information:
Temporarily Disable Real Time Monitoring Programs:
http://wiki.castlecops.com/Malware_Removal:_Temporarily_Disable_Real_Time_Monitoring_Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back