Firefox issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey

I've been using Firefox for over a year and havn't had a problem until now. Basically, when i go into my user account i can't open Firefox. When i do, before my homepage can load, a Netscape quality error comes up and shuts down the browser.

However, this is happening only on my user account. On my mums side, the internet is working fine.

Any ideas?

The first thing to try,is to uninstall Firefox in your account,then re-install it.And welcome to Techspot.:)

Orighty i'll try that. Before i do, will it stuff Firefox up on the other users, or just me?

Also, is there a way i can view my bookmarks before i un-install so i don't lose them?

Thanks.

Uninstalling Firefox won't remove Profile information. Your bookmarks & all should be fine :)

The Firefox guide we've up covers the location of the profile directory should you wish to back up anything specific.

If you want to be certain about your bookmarks go to Bookmarks/Manage Bookmarks/File/Export,and export the bookmarks.htm to
your desktop(or wherever).Then you can always re -import them if necessary.It` a good idea to backup your bookmarks regularly anyway.

I would save all profile folders and just reinstall don't uninstall
you may have a trojan cookie setting in your profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back