Firefox Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomrca

hi lads. just wandering if anyone is experiencing firefox slow to load? over the last couple of weeks it seems to be getting slower and slower to load all pages. it seems to be after firefox updated. prior to the update and it slowing down, i made no adjustments to the settings. i have uninstalled and reinstalled, but made no difference. got any ideas or some tips?

Hi tomrca.

I take it you`ve got Firefox2.0 installed?

The new Firefox has one almighty bug in it. It`s a memory leak and can result in a buffer overflow error. The previous 1.5 version also suffered from a memory leak, but not as bad as the current vesion.

If you look on the Mozilla site, you`ll see what I mean.

If you have your task manager running while using Firefox, you`ll be able to see how much memory it takes. you may be surprised at how much it takes the longer you use it.

I`m hoping this gets fixed asap. However, I think it will take a long time to fix, judging by how long it took Mozilla to fix the copy and paste problem etc.

Mine crashes with a buffer overflow error far too often for my liking.

I must admit, I`m becoming more and more disillusioned with Firefox. While Mozilla may be good at rectifying security holes, their bloody useless at fixing the bugs.

Regards Howard :)

By slow do you mean slow as in Firefox is unresponsive, or as in Firefox is slower loads pages. If it's the latter check if the problem affects Internet Explorer; because it's probably your connection if so.

Otherwise you could try creating a new Profile for Firefox; details on how are in our Firefox Guide - that way you'd be using a "clean" Firefox so it would be a good way to determine if it's an Extension/Preference change that may have caused the problem.

thanks for all the replies. i will look at firefox home page. yes firefox runs at 41,000k to 42,000k , while IE is about 33,000k
i can run IE, it loads up very fast. firefox loads slow and often needs to be refreshed to encourage loading a new page.

one thing i will try again is uninstalling my fire firewall, as i cant find any default settings on it, then customize it again. perhaps that may do some good.

thanx again :grinthumb

well i tried allsorts, and i think that the problem was the firewall. fir some unknown reason the web filter was hindering the firefox load up. i disabled it, now it loads faster.

just thought i would let you all know the outcome!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back