Firewire and eSATA suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

giyad

I want to buy a PCI card for my computer enabling both firewire 800 and eSATA, because I already own 2 firewire 800 drives and am thinking of purchasing an eSATA drive. Does anyone know if they make one card for both? If so, can you link?

I could be wrong, but it would probably be better to buy a card for the Firewire, and one for eSATA. I could be wrong, but I believe having them on different cards will dedicate them to different PCI buses...

Thanks, I guess I'll do that. was just hoping there might be a way to save money with one card for both.

I didn't find any cards on my breif look through newegg. There was some drive bay thing for $16 but I didn't click on it.

I think NMC is probably right, just better off getting 2 cards. You can get some eSATA plates that just run a line to your internal SATA connection, so you could do that if you are concerned about using up PCI slots. Of course your case would need to have a 'slot' where you didn't already have one in use.

I didn't find any cards on my breif look through newegg. There was some drive bay thing for $16 but I didn't click on it.

I think NMC is probably right, just better off getting 2 cards. You can get some eSATA plates that just run a line to your internal SATA connection, so you could do that if you are concerned about using up PCI slots. Of course your case would need to have a 'slot' where you didn't already have one in use.

Thanks. I just wanted to get the eSATA port to future proof my PC, but I guess I'll just wait until I get an eSATA drive hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back