Flickering monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

meredog

i began getting a flickering accross my monitor screen yesterdday (most noticable on white screen). Is there a way to determine if it is the monitor or something else? i reset monitor to 85 hertz but it made no difference.
it is a T4170 e machine and a 19" Envisision monitor (both about 3 years old)

bear with me trying to figure out how this works Herb

I would suggest that you try the monitor on another system, Then you would know whether it is the monitor that`s faulty.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

thought of that , was just hopeing there might be a way to check it without going thru that.
thanks

Possibly borrowing a monitor from a friend and trying it on your system???

There`s not many ways to test a monitor other than what I`ve suggested.

Regards Howard ;)

genericuser100 said:
85 Hz is really high, You should not get flicker above 60Hz.
Maybe you're getting some electrical inteference?

electrical :confused: intefeirence is really what it looks like but nothing has changed or been rearranged in months

meredog said:
electrical :confused: intefeirence is really what it looks like but nothing has changed or been rearranged in months

is it too narrow or too short ? i CAN expand it a bit ... :hotbounce

meredog said:

found it!! i have a panasonic multi talk phone system my battery went dead on it yesterday and i moved the base in front of my keyboard so i could hear the speakerphone better. just moved it back to my desk and PRESTO no more moniter flicker !!
:hotbounce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back