For those of you that play Pokémon competively...

greatman05

...Why is it that Pokémon like Weavile and Alakazam are allowed to have terrible defenses instead of putting any sort of investment into improving their defenses?

Naa, red, you can actually play competively between DS hand consoles. I know teens that play it competively.
I have no idea, but because its a DS game, it probably can't be updated, therefore, it may be imbalanced by design.

Isn't Pokemon RPG style? How would that work competativly?

"Teens that play it competitively" huh? Wow. I'm 17 and I wouldn't be caught dead playing that :)

Well, I mean, there are some competitive elements to it...Link battles, WiFi battles, EV training, picking out Pokémon based on stats, etc. To each his own, I suppose...I'm a big fan of the games, so...yeah. For me, age has nothing to do with how much I enjoy something...I still occasionally watch Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon (not as often as I used to 'cause the newer shows are starting to suck...bad).

If you would have asked elementary kids from about 6 years ago as well as some teens they had no problem playing Pokemon on their Game Boy Advances or with cards.

Now it is passe'. And what is "in" now will soon be passe' as well. It is the Link Battles that greatman05 points to that has a fun aspect. And I agree, the stuff Nickelodeon puts out now are terrible.

Back