Forum upgraded

Julio Franco

Staff member
We've upgraded Xenforo to its latest version which should bring a number of performance enhancements and better compatibility with our software stack. Although this is maintenance release, we also upgraded over half a dozen add-ons so please report back if you notice any weirdness or glaring errors when using the site or the forum.

Thank you!

Ever since the last update, I am unable to access messages. I am trying to open a conversation and it never loads. Chrome just shows the loading animation in the tab, but it never loads anything. The same issue is present in Safari and I think it will be the same with Firefox, Opera, etc. I am on a Mac by the way if that has anything to do with it.

Yet, I can click on all smiles with my Opera. And Windows XP SP3.

This is a demo, not spamming...

:) ;) :( :mad: :confused: :cool: :p :D :eek: :D :'( *nerd* (y) (n)

Are there any more smilies I can't see?

On articles, where it says: "Read User Comments (x)", the x is inaccurate. For example, on the 780 article, it says there are 11 replies when there are really 24. Also, I am not receiving alerts on replies, I am not sure if it is only to the articles.

I just checked and the count is accurate. It's entirely possible a ~1-2 comment difference because of the caches involved on the forum, news and reviews, a small discrepancy of 15 minutes is possible, but from 11 to 24? Right now they all sit at 28 comments.

Now, I'm not saying you are not correct, rather I must ask is this something you are seeing often?

In addition to the above, it seems that Guest replies to watched topics don't generate an alert (maybe because there is no 'guest' user for the notification).

Also, no Tapatalk... :(

Ever since the last update, I am unable to access messages. I am trying to open a conversation and it never loads. Chrome just shows the loading animation in the tab, but it never loads anything. The same issue is present in Safari and I think it will be the same with Firefox, Opera, etc. I am on a Mac by the way if that has anything to do with it.

This is occurring again. My messages wont load.

Ran another (smaller) set of upgrades last night. Let us know if you come across any issues. Thanks!

This messaging issue is so annoying. I dont get why it only happens with unread conversations, but I can open read ones.

The search function doesn't seem to be working any longer. I keep getting an error message, "The search could not be completed. Please try again later."

Back