FPS on Gigabyte Radeon 9600 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolka999

Hi all! :) I realy hope you can help me! :)

Few days ago, I bought graphic card (Gigabyte Radeon 9600 pro), I hoped that I finally can normally play Counter - strike, but no ;( I have realy bad fps drops :(( When I play shooting maps, it`s not so bad (but I don`t like that either), but when I play HNS maps, it`s just drawing me crazy! :mad:

My PC:

CPU - AMD Sempron 2300+
RAM - 512
Power Supply - 350w (I think so)

With my CS configs all fine, vsync off...

I don`t have more ideas...:(

The funiest thing is, when I got old graphic card (Nvidia mx 400), my fps was fine (sometimes small fps drops), but this graphic card (who have to be better) - is like ****...:(

p.s.

Sorry about my english (if I have mistakes) ;)

lolka,
you have a number of things working against you here. first you are dealing with two cards that are 8 and 6 years old respectively, they just dont have the horsepower to play any thing newer. secondly you have a single core processor, and not a very powerful one at that. thirdly, 512 of ram is barely enough to run the OS much less tax it with something as intensive and resource demanding as gaming. i imagine you were playing low detail at a very small res?

lolka,
you have a number of things working against you here. first you are dealing with two cards that are 8 and 6 years old respectively, they just dont have the horsepower to play any thing newer. secondly you have a single core processor, and not a very powerful one at that. thirdly, 512 of ram is barely enough to run the OS much less tax it with something as intensive and resource demanding as gaming. i imagine you were playing low detail at a very small res?

I know I have cute old PC, but how I wrote, when I had old graphic card, all was fine, but soon I bought this one, I have this fps drops ;(

Only game what I`am playing is Counter-Strike, other games I don`t need ;) But now, I can`t even play counter-strike ;(

Suggestions?

Did you uninstall the old Nvidia graphics driver through Add and Remove Programs before installing the ATI driver. What version ATI driver did you download and install?

Did you uninstall the old Nvidia graphics driver through Add and Remove Programs before installing the ATI driver. What version ATI driver did you download and install?

No, I didn`t uninstall the old nvidia driver, why I have to? If I don`t have nvidia card more? :) You think it`s may cause this problem? :))

Now I`am at work, when I`ll be home, I try uninstall nvidia driver, hope it helps! :)

You should always uninstall the old graphics driver to avoid possible conflicts. You didn't say what ATI driver you installed.

You should always uninstall the old graphics driver to avoid possible conflicts. You didn't say what ATI driver you installed.

Ok, now I will know that :)

I have installed latest driver for my graphic card, taken from official ATI drivers homepage!

But nothing changes :(

Did you install Catalyst version 9.8? Driver only or full Catalyst suite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back