Free Avira 10 download

Status
Not open for further replies.

compused

Hi,

I keep getting a window popping up saying the free Avira 9 is due to expire and to download the free Avira 10, but when I click to download, the website doesn't load. I have tried searching for free Avira 10 download and I am taking to an Avira site that wants you to pay.

Is there anyway of downloading this Avria 10 free?

Compused

I've already downloaded the free Avira 10 about 18 hours ago. I downloaded and installed it without problems so I'm not sure why you are having trouble.

Following Avira's links, you end up here: CNET

Perhaps their servers were especially busy with the new release.

I downloaded and installed version 10 without any problems, yet I still show version 9 as being installed. Any thoughts?

red1776 When I received the notice in the Notification Area to Download Now, I clicked on the link and to be honest I don't recall if it took me to the link you referenced.

When you ran the Avira executable file, did you choose the second option? I forgot what it was called but the first one is to modify or add components to an existing installation. Check the second of three options.

Thanks mailpup, that did the trick! I violated one of my own rules, always read everything carefully before clicking. BTW, the second option is Repair/Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back