Free software to scan and get rid of viruses

Im looking for free downloadable software that, is not to big on memory, not intrusive, and when i exit the programme, i will not see or hear from it again until i open it again.
I need it to scan my computer for viruses trojans, worms, etc, and when it detects them, then get rid of them for good..
I dont want antivirus sort of software like agv, avast, mcafee..etc, just a programme that will scan-delete, and leave it at that till i open it again...

If you want free then I recommend Avast, superantispyware and Malwarebytes. Coupled with Comodo firewall they are all free for personal use. It is safe to use two anti-spy products but never use more than one A/V as it can cause conflicts. You should run A/V and anti spy weekly.

I think most of you are missing his requirements. MSE is difficult to fully close and does want frequent updates. He also specifically said he didn't want Avast or AVG which were suggested anyway for some reason.

Im looking for free downloadable software that, is not to big on memory, not intrusive, and when i exit the programme, i will not see or hear from it again until i open it again.
I need it to scan my computer for viruses trojans, worms, etc, and when it detects them, then get rid of them for good..
I dont want antivirus sort of software like agv, avast, mcafee..etc, just a programme that will scan-delete, and leave it at that till i open it again...

Back