Frequent Bugcheck: 0x000000d1 crashes on XP Pro 64-bit

I get frequent bsod crashes. I have done all the usual fixes but got nowhere. Can somebody help me with reading the dmp files. So I can fix this.
They are all The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0x0000000000000078, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000

Any help would be greatly appreciated Dan

Attachments

• Mini101111-01.dmp
    160 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini101011-01.dmp
    160 KB · Views: 2
Hello Dan
I am having difficulty getting a full analysis of your dumps.
What I am seeing so far is that they are pointing to nvatax64.sys, which is your NVIDIA driver set.

Questions...
Did you have this problem before installing NVIDIA video card?
Are you certain you installed the correct drivers (eg XP and not VISTA).

My initial suggestion would be to uninstall your NVIDIA drivers, and then reinstall them.

Additional Thoughts:

More system information would be helpful... MB, Processor, Videocard information, etc.

Thanks for the info.
I think that nvatax64.sys isn't a video drive. I fairly sure it is an nforce drive linked to raid which is what I've got. I will reinstall the nforce drivers again or try alternative drivers.

My Computer Specs are
Motherboard - EVGA nforce 680i Sli mb revision D
CPU - Intel QX6700 2.66 GHz overclocked to 3.2 GHz
Ram - 6.00 GB Corsair Dominator 1066MHz
Video Card - 2 x Nvidia Geforce 8800 Ultra 768 mb (Sli)
and an Ageia physx card 128 mb
Sound Card - Creative Sound Blaster X-fi extreme gamer
Harddisk - 2 x 250 GB harddrives Raid 0 (striping)
PSU - 1000W OEM ATX

This system is an alienware area 51 ALX R6 (from before dell took them over) and I have checked that it is not overheating and that the power supply is ok. It is running xp pro 64 sp 2.

Any other suggestions would be great.

Cheers Dan

Sorry Dan...
You are right about nvatax64.sys

I found this quote...
Warning for users with nForce SataRaid systems:
This new x64 driver package version contains a very strange nForce4 Sata driver named NVATA64.SYS and an Inf-file named NVATA64.INF, which might cause problems, if you use them. The "normal" x64 file names are NVATAX64.SYS and NVATAX64.INF. I really don't know the reason, why NVIDIA changed the names and why they put the "normal" NVATAX64.SYS into the SATARAID subfolder and the "strange" NVATA64.SYS into the SATA_IDE subfolder.

Bad consequence: If you just copy the needed Inf file for your nForce Satabus Controller from the SATA_IDE into the SATARAID subfolder, your installation will fail, because Windows Setup will not find the needed NVATAX64.SYS.

Does this help?

I won't be back now until the weekend, so hopefully Route44 or one of the others will take notice and pick up in the meanwhile.

Thanks for your help B00kWyrm,

After a lot of testing the problem seems to be that my system does not run well with the 15.46 or 15.25 nforce drivers. However, using the old 9.53 drivers means I get no crashes. So I have downgraded to them and will stick with them.

Cheers Dan

Back