Fujifilm unveils mirrorless X-T2 with improved autofocus and 4K video

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Fujifilm on Thursday unveiled the successor to its popular X-T1 interchangeable lens camera. The aptly-named X-T2 features a wealth of improvements, chief among them being the ability to shoot 4K 30FPS video – a first for the X-Series line.

The X-T2 packs a 24.3-megapixel (APS-C) X-Trans CMOS III sensor with Fuji's signature X-Trans color filter array that’s said to turn out crisper images. There’s also a new auto-focus system with 325 individual points to choose from, a standard ISO range of 200-12800 and an improved electronic viewfinder with a maximum refresh rate of 100 frames per second.

Other noteworthy features include dual SD card slots, a 3.5mm mic input, USB 3.0 and Wi-Fi connectivity, a wider eyecup, an 8FPS burst rate that can be boosted to 11FPS when using the optional battery grip, a maximum mechanical shutter speed of 1/8000 (up to 1/32000 electronically) and a mini joystick for selecting AF points.

The weather-sealed magnesium alloy chassis tips the scales at 507 grams and looks nearly identical to its predecessor which isn’t a bad thing. It’s dust and water sealed at 63 points and can operate at temperatures as low as -10 degrees Celsius.

The Fujifilm X-T2 lands in stores this September priced at $1,599.95 for the body or $1,899.95 when bundled with an 18-55mm lens. The optional battery grip will set you back an additional $329 while the new EF-X500 flash commands $449.

Permalink to story.

Fujifilm has the best photo lab printers in the world except for lambada. But for some reason they cant recruit tech geniuses to innovate their cameras. Most ppl wont even look at a fujifilm camera even if it was good. It has a stigma like samsung and pentax. their good but nobody wants them

Great looking camera. I'd love to own one but I'm not spending $2800 on a camera. Guess I'll keep using our old point and shoot camera.

Back