Fun in the snow.

Spike

I just got my car up a 1:9 hill to my house, aboout 500 yards long, single track, with many bends, and cars on either side to get through. That's nothing, the fun part was the three inches of fresh snow on the road. In the middle of March!?!?!? What's going on? lol

What kind of car, and where exactly are you located? Sounds like a fun hill...break out the sleds dude!!!

lol. Are you going to break out an internet map?

I live in Kenfig Hill, South Wales, where the men are men, and the sheep carry knives. (or so I'm told)

My car is a lowly Citroen AX 957cc petrol, registered in 1988. It's only four speed, but I swear, 0-60 MpH in 11 seconds is pretty quick for a standard 957cc engine. pml

1'st gear has the fastest acceleration, being 0-25 in a matter of a second or two, with a further 2-3 seconds getting up to 40 MpH in 2nd gear. most of the time from 0-60 is in third. I've never done more than 90 MpH in fourth gear. :D

Fair play to it, all this is with a knackered valve guide, which has been the case since I bought it 9 months ago. Even with the punishing I've given it, on top of the 110,000 miles on the clock, the engine hasn't let me down.

(neither has the gearbox since I put a second-hand one in it from a scrap yard about 5 months ago :D)

I don't know. In all honesty, I don't think, at least in th UK, that they're all that bad. I got mine through an MOT for £120. all things considered, that's pretty cheap. Many cars of the same age would cost £300-500 to get throuagh it. All that was wrong was a driveshaft gator, a headlight broken, and a foglamp out. I chose to have the whole driveshaft changed. Bodywise, there's nothing wrong with it at all.

Sounds like a #@$%-off hill in the snow dude...and I asked your location mostly out of curiousity...I'm 33 years old and I STILL go out hill sliding in my beater (19906 Honda Accord) when there's snow on the streets...FUN STUFF!!!!! One of the good things about the winters in NY...

Back