Fun with Dremel

Status
Not open for further replies.

schizoid77

lol, so I took my side panel off and cut a gigantic hole in it hoping to install a window kit. Well, the hole is perfectly shaped and looks good, but it's too big for the window!!
So screw it. Anyone have any cool suggestions as to what I can do now? I don't necessarily need transparency.
Any ideas would be awesome, thanks.

Get yourself some really thin plexiglas and RTV it (silicone) to the inside of your side panel. Then you've got your window. Until you do, you can mod it at will......LED fan screwed to it (make sure and cut your hole first ;) and get a grill). Hell, you've got lots of options. Be creative. :grinthumb

Go to a truck/car outfitter(a shop that does custom body work on cars and trucks, or a glassworks shop and get a piece of plexiglass or lexan cut to size and a molding for it. What you get from them should look pretty much like the window you were going to use, only this one will fit.

Doing as Masque suggested would also work, it would cost a little less.

I did the same thing but cut my hole a little too small and when I went to put the window in I used a little too much elbow grease and tore up the rubber gaskets. I'm thinking i'll just go cut a larger hole in the side and pickup a peice of plexi and screw it to the panel. The plexi that came with the kit I might use for a window on the top of the case.

You're gonna love this. So I went and bought a slightly larger window kit with a seemingly better mounting system. And this one has a pre cut space for an 80mm fan.

So, wish me luck as I cut the existing whole even bigger and go for the gold yet again.

$20.88 for window and fan, and $15 for a case of beer - tonight should be alot of ghettofabulous fun.

...and BTW, Silent Storm is a badass game. I always wanted something similar to X-Com, and this is it. Try it out.

If the hole is big enough, mount a room fan in the hole, without the stand of course...

If the hole is big enough, mount a room fan in the hole, without the stand of course...
Now thats a good idea *picks up a dremel and cackles evily*
SERIOUS air cooling....

Steg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back