Gadget enthusiast builds real-life James Bond laser watch

Shawn Knight

Staff member

What happens when you take one part laser weapon hobbyist and one part gadget enthusiast then mix in a bit of James Bond inspiration? You get a laser watch, of course!

That’s exactly what YouTuber AnselmoFanZero is showing off in his latest video. The fully functional watch (yes, it tells time) doubles as a laser weapon – as in, it can actually do some damage. As you’ll see in the clip, the laser has no trouble bursting balloons, igniting matches and burning through CD cases.

While there aren’t any plans to offer a tutorial on how to build your own, the YouTuber said he may put some laser-equipped watches up for sale soon on his website.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Ha, I subscribed to this guy YEARS ago. Pretty cool stuff pops up all the time...

Nice. It looks a helluva lot better than some smartwatches and not to mention a lot more functional and desirable than all of them that are on the market right now.

This looks like it would be great to run the cat all around the house ...... on second thought, those ballons didn't fair so well and I'm afraid I could create one PO'd ***** cat! lol

It's not hard to build 1W+ blue laser pointer/torching device. It's just a matter of how much battery life you can get out of a watch sized device.

Laser should come out 90 degrees from your hand rather than above your hand. Less chance of accidentally burning the top of your hand.

What I really want is a wearable goggles that can shoot laser just like Cyclops in x-men :D

Because he values his sight?

lmao really?! thats what change it 90 degrees mean to you..

Thought never crossed your mind that it could be coming out of the the top of the watch where the strap that goes around the arm attaches?
You know the totally logical and obviously safer place to put it so the beam would ALWAYS point away from the body/face/everything that could be a problem.

Common sense, it REALLY isn't that common after all.

Back