Gateway Box Moved, Pulled PCIe Video Card, Now No Sound

wildbilliii

Hello to you and how do you do?

I appreciate these forums and would like a lttle help with a sound issue if you can.

Thanks in advance, I had Bobbye help me out a few weeks ago with a virus on my wifes laptop.

Motherboard: Gateway RS780
Graphics: AIT Radeon HD 3200 Graphics
RAM: 4 Gig
CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9100e
CPU Speed:1.8 Ghz
Power Supply: Liteon PS-6301-08A
Watts: 270W@25C

I have this Gateway box that I've had in storage for about 6 months. I brought it out and want to connect it to my HD tv.

It used to be connected to a 22" samsung monitor through a Nvidea Geforce 9500 GT card in the PCI Express Slot.

I connected to my TV by HDMI via the onboard ATI graphics.

I removed the Geforce card and uninstalled the nvidea drivers.

Now I'm having trouble with audio, don't have any, can you help?

The card has hdmi out? Look if the card has an audio in place on it, you probably need to run a line from your sound card/onboard sound to the video card. Alternatively you could run a line out of your sound card to your tv - although tv's I'm familiar with only have audio in with a VGA or DVI connection, not hdmi (which typically carries audio on its own).

Heya Rolla, I used to live in St. Louis, many friends went to UM-Rolla.

Appreciate you getting back on this.

Well I've switched to an hp 19" monitor through vga cable onboard graphics to work out this issue. I getting no sound from anywhere now.

Cool, I got my undergrad, masters, and now I'm working on a PhD at UMR, but now its called Missouri University of Science and Technology (not a popular name switch here, but I suppose in the long run its for the better).

So no sound from anywhere? Even the line out of the sound card? There actually probably isn't a sound card, its probably onboard.. Most onboard audio outs are from a light green output, are you using (or trying to) that?

Ok, sorry for being such a moving target on this. I have got sound by working with the realtek sound manager.

It is working through my tv with the HDMI connection.

However, I'm not getting sound when I try to play a DVD. I get the video, just not the sound.

Any suggestions?

Nope :/

If you got sound one way, it in theory can work/has to work. Right now all I can suggest is playing with software settings.

Roger that.

It has to do with a relationship between Media Player, Media Center, and the DVD drive.

I'm tempted to download a 3rd party DVD player to test the DVD drive, but not sure how that would play out.

My thought is to update the DVD driver since the one shown in device manager is a microsoft generic. I looked at Gateway for support and they have a download available for my machine for the entire motherboard but not the DVD alone.

Try another player vs. update the motherboard driver?

Back