Gateway Laptops Come With WoW

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaUnknown

It says is comes with a 14 dat trial of WoW but do they mean the Full game but only comes with 14 days. Like does it only come with then 14 day game card and i have to Buy WoW myself? Is this s good Deal because i really dont know anything about Gateway Laptops and i kinda want one ( not just for the WoW because WoW only cost 20$)

The game client itself is free of charge, you can sign up for the trial on the WoW site and then download the client (from their site) via torrent... (they also release all patches via torrent files)

So yea, it prolly comes with the game client preinstalled :)

Not entirely true.

While anyone can download the game client for free, and even usually get 10-14 days play free (up to level 20, where it stops gaining exp for any chars at level 20), before you can then subscribe to WOW, you have to then buy WOW as well as your subscription.

It only comes down to about an extra $15 bucks though as WOW also comes with another 30-days when you buy it for around $29, which includes a $14.99 free month with the purchase price.

So in a nutshell, if you're on any one of the various WOW freebie versions, at the end of the trial you'll need to:
a) Pay the $29 for WOW, which includes another month/30 days.
b) Pay another $39 if you wish to add the Burning Crusade expansion (Blood Elves and Draeni races if you roll these).
c) Continue to pay up to $14.99 a month after the second month to keep your subscription current (whether it be WOW or WOW + Burning Crusade expansion.. Monthly fee is the same). By "up to", this means if you make a 3-month or 6-month recurring subscription, you can save a few bucks for paying for more months.

You wont have to download or install anything else, except maybe the expansion pack. The "trial" client is the full client, but you have to "pay for it" should you decide to keep playing.

Hope this helps!

ok but you know with the trial client that i download off the web with my current PC i cant find the addons folder for some odd reason. I dont know if blizzard took this option off for those who get the trial version but when i got the full version ( which i dont play anymore but with i didnt sell it ) i did have the addons folder. So what you are saying is that if i do get this gateway i will still have to go buy a WoW from the store?

You could always play private servers, I created a few and hosted them and got average of about 50+ members, private servers are free ;)

Yeah, but the game is an MMO. Which means that after the initial feeling of ownage because you have full Tier 6/Arena 2 wears off, private servers get incredibly boring because the game is made for thousands of people, and there are only 50 online total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back