Gears of War 3 confirmed for April 2011, trailer released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

After an unintentional leak last week, Epic Games' Cliff Bleszinski has confirmed that Gears of War 3 is coming. Bleszinski was set to make the announcement on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon Friday, but his appearance was cancelled at the last minute. Nobody sent word back to Microsoft, and an ad mistakenly appeared on the Xbox 360 dashboard.

Bleszinski actually stopped by the show this evening to properly introduce the title, and you can watch the premiere trailer (called "Ashes to Ashes") after the jump. Described as the "worst kept secret in the video game industry," Gears of War 3 will bring "crazy tentacle monsters," new weapons, such as a double-barreled shotgun, and female soldiers.

Anything could change between now and next year, but Bleszinski says you can expect GoW 3 around April 8 of 2011.

Permalink to story.

hello ...

that will be an EPIC game ;) ...

too bad not coming to PC, won't have the pleasure playing it.

cheers!

but, hey on PC we'll have the best version of Crysis 2 ;) & on the PS3 too, but i'll get it probably on PC.

I'm also keeping an eye on Quantum 'machin chose' & Vanquish LOL!

cheers!

Not interested. The first one was cool, but multiplayer was awful. Second one was ok, but the multiplayer was still pretty poopy. And the whole red on gray thing is really tiring.

I still play the first Gears, b/c GOW2 online gaming sux munky ballz. Hope they make it right this time!!!
I will rent b 4 I buy it this time since I wasted money on GOW2... GOW2 is useless...

I have to admit their commercials and trailers look damn cool. But I'm a PC only gamer so will never get to play this one. Unless they try to do a crappy port in which case I probably still won't play it. ;)

Was watching Jimmy Fallon last night to see the trailer and it was awesome :) . And honestly if it ever came out for PC I'd probably still prefer playing it on my 360. Third person shooters just feel natural on a console to me. However first person shooters feel natural and best played on a PC with the exception of Halo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back