GeForce 4 Ti4200 now in Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdmk

The GeForce 4 Ti4200 is now available in Europe, at least at dabs.com. Yay!

My poor wallet...:(
maybe I might be able to run GTA3 smoothly now.

Originally posted by Th3M1ghtyD8
Is there much difference between this and a GF3Ti200 though?

If I had a GF3Ti200 i wouldn't upgrade to a GF4Ti4200. Apart from the obvious (one is a GF3 and the other is a GF4), and the price (£110ish to £180ish)... there is nothing new in the GF4 that would make me want to upgrade from the GF3.... As it happens I'm playing GTA3 and Morrowind on a GF2, and the GF4 looks like a good upgrade....

All IMHO

I bought the GF4 Ti4200 64mb and I love it, it's able to run every game I've thrown at it with full Antialiasing enabled in 32-bit color at a resolution 1024 x 768 without a single lockup and it always has great graphic quality. Of course I really wouldnt expect it to be locking up, it is a Geforce 4....I would highly recommend this card to anyone!

System Specs:
Athlon Xp 1600+
ECS K7S5a
384mb PC2100 DDR
40GB Maxtor 7200rpm
Geforce 4 Ti4200
SB Audigy Gamer
:grinthumb :eek:

Vassil,

Tell me about it, plz. What brand did you get? Have you oc'd it? Have you tried any DX8.1 games? What card did you previously have? How much improvement do you actually 'see'? :grinthumb

Could I ask you to dl a demo & run it? I believe it is a DX8.1 demo & it really crippled my GF2 MX400. :( I'd like to know the fps on a GF4 (esp the 4200 64mb). ;)

Here's a link (if ya will): http://www.game-trix.com/downloads/showdown.php?down_id=53 It is 60mb, but the graphics ... !!! :cool:

Thanks for any info,

Well I've played quite a few of the newest games such as Star Wars: Jedi Knight 2 and Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, both played flawlessly. I was running a Geforce 2 MX400 64mb and there's no doubt. this card is awesome compared to it. I purchased the PNY Geforce 4 Ti4200 64mb, I wanted a Visiontek, but this PNY card is great. And I'd download that demo....but on my wonderful 56k it'd take a few days:dead: But the improvements that i saw in games like Jedi Knight 2 were the smoothness of how the game ran with all settings to the max quality. There were almost no jagged lines on anything, the characters looked great. If you have any idea of any benchmarks smaller than 10mb please tell and I'll download it, or if you have any other way you want me to test my card please ask:grinthumb

Vassil,

COOL! I have the JK2 demo & it runs good on my GF2MX400, IMO. I can imagine improvements tho. ;)

Is that the 64DDR PNY card? I've 'heard' it does rock! :grinthumb

Thanks for offering to BM it for me/us! Could you use the 'Graphics Display' benchmark in "Fresh Diagnose" www.freshdevices.com ? If you could possibly run it on both cards: we could all 'see' the differences in the cards in a 'real world' machine & not these BM's that have all the latest & greatest (not that your system isn't great) CPU's RAM, etc. I understand if you don't want to put the GF2 back in, but if I don't ask ... :cool:

Thanks & enjoy!

Well unfortunatly I dont have the GF2 anymore, I sold it to a friend 2 days ago for $25:D But I did run the benchmark, I got a score of :
Random Pixels 1,200 Pixels\s
Lines 365,000 lines\s
Circles 14,556 Circles\s
Rectangles 34,446 Rectangles\s
Texts 513,176 Chars\s
Floodfills 7,656,800 KPixels\s
Draw 57,613 KPixels\s

Vassil,

SMOKIN' dude!:hotbounce

Random Pixels 1,200 Pixels\s 3x my MX400
Lines 365,000 lines\s Only 50,000 more, hmmm
Circles 14,556 Circles\s 3x more & on all the rest
Rectangles 34,446 Rectangles\s
Texts 513,176 Chars\s
Floodfills 7,656,800 KPixels\s
Draw 57,613 KPixels\s

Great #'s! I can well imagine the difference.

There's a 4400 that isn't performing as well on this board. "CPU bottleneck" Care to take a look & maybe you have an idea that'll help? ;)

1,200 Pixels\s, WOW! Thank you for sharing this with me/us, Vassil. :grinthumb

This is awesome ;) I spotted an MSI GF4Ti4200 in the local stores here. Will be grabbing it ASAP :D

Anyone knows how much better the 128MB version will be?

Actually according to what i've read, the 64mb version gives better game performance because the 64mb Ti4200 has a memory clock speed of 500Mhz, but the 128mb version has a memory clock speed of 444Mhz. And from the reviews I've read, you get more fps and better performance with the 64mb because it has the higher clock speed..hope that helps:)

The 128mb is a better bet IMO. Future games will make better use of it & nothing stops you from OCing the memory to 500 ( or even further if it's good quality memory chips ).

Didou,

Ahh, since the 64 is already @ 500: it would be safe to conclude it has better (lower ns) memory than the 128 to begin with. Therefore any oc on the 128 should be bettered (% wise) by the 64. For instance: if the 128 can achieve a 12% oc (to 497) then the 64 *could* achieve a 15% oc (to 575!) :grinthumb

As for the extra 64mb the 128 has: assign textures to system memory on the 64 (of course that requires 256+RAM esp. w/WinXP) & all should be well. ;)

No argument, Didou, just another way to look at it. :D

What do you all think of a 'benchmark' sticky for our various cards? I prefer "Fresh" because it benchs the card & isn't as 'system heavy' as 3DMark, I think. Marks on same cards on different systems (CPU, RAM, OS, etc) *could* give us valuable info on the limits of cards & the systems. Any takers? :cool:

Have fun all,

Both rams are 4ns. The thing is 128mb is more power hungry then 64mb. The power circuitry on the the 4200 can handle 64mb or 128mb but apparently with 128mb they needed to lower speed a bit.

The power circuitry prolly gets a bit hotter juicing all the 128mb at 500mhz.

I do agree that right now, 128mb prolly isn't very needed.

I got a PNY Ti.4600...and i would definatly recommend PNY to anyone! I like the colour of the board (purple) and though it doesnt come with any DIVO, i would never use this and because it didnt have it..it became cheaper:D PNY are not very well known in the UK but i have found them very good:grinthumb As for the GeForce4...well in a word...Amazing! I had a 32mb Kyro2 before, which isnt too bad and gave me a 3DMark of
2867 - Kyro2 3DMark
But since i have my new one i get 9310 :eek: without O/Cing it!(Link at bottom for 3DMark)
And although my 1.33@1.45 is somewhat of a bottleneck..i can play all games with 4xAAA, and 8xAF with no probs.:cool:

Definatly reccomend GF4's to anyone upgrading from GeForce2 Ti or less

Laterz

Cheapest UK price for a GF4 TI4200 64MB is an amazingly cheap £99 +VAT.

Yes, you heard me correctly...

For more info, see this topic here and look for my post with details of where to buy in UK and also a review rated 100% "editors choice".

I have just bought a GF4 TI4400 for my new computer, but i can't get it in my agp-slot, it just won't fitt... I use the ECS K7S5a motherboard, the same as "Vassil3427" I think. Vassil3427 can you please help me!?

All TI4400 and TI4600 are based a bigger PCB i.e. longer card whilst all TI4200 are based a smaller PCB that just extends past the agp a bit.

You may have to reposition your RAM in different slots to allow the card to fit in the AGP slot. However, u may lose the room to use 1 RAM slot in the process. :blackeye:

Sorry, I fail to see what is so big to get excited about here....

2 Geforce 4 Ti 4600 128 MB cards arrived in my work this week. Europe? Huh? I didn't think this was an issue...

Right now I have Geforce 2 Ultra and everyone in the beginning was like "wow!!! yheha! woooah!" But now its yesterdays news.....

I guess that is rather premature and judgmental because I have not seen these Ti 4600 installed yet... more when I do... But I don't see what the big hooplah is about.... New graphics cards are released all the time....

Although I will admit, when I unpacked these guys they were really impressive in terms of size of GPU and fan, etc..... yeah yeah so it got bigger i had figured that that happens over time.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back