Geforce FX5500 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to have an ongoing problem with my card...I play MOHAA alot and if I only play a cpl. of maps my fps is in the toilet...I have windows xp,sp2,1 Gb of ram,CPU is a Intel(R)Celeron 2.40 GHz,Mother board is a Foxconn,Geforce FX 5500 video card with a Giant 3 vid. cooler running at all times...Still it seems to run hot...Any Ideas???...Please help....

If you can tell us what kind of power you're working with that'll help, and if you can find out what temperature your card is running at this'll help as well. Does your fps rate slowly get worse as you play or is it just constantly bad? Does this problem only occur in MOHAA or in other games? At the moment I'd say it's either a psu issue or your CPU just can't handle MOHAA, but that's just speculation at the moment.

The power is a ISO 350,250w...Yes it happens in other games...Today,I turned it on,went into a game in MOHAA and right away fps was about 15-20.Sometimes it will run over 100 fps,in smaller maps of course,then it will drop off pretty regularly...

Maplins online store said:
Inno3D NVIDIA GEFORCE FX5500 256Mb FAQ's:
Q) What is the psu requirement for this card? -
A) At least a 350W PSU.

Q) What is the minimum power supply needed for this graphics card. - Matt
A) You would need a 350Watt minimum.
I'm still not sure, but it's looking like you need a more powerful psu. How long have you had this card? Have you ever had a message saying that it wasn't getting enough power? And if you can find out what temperature it's running at that'd help too.

I have the exact same card, however I have a 600W psu. I have never had any issues. I also run it on an athlon XP 3200+ based system.

I've had the card about 4-5 months...No messages about power,I can't find the temp,It shouldn't be getting hot with the cooling fan I put on it...I'll try a 480w psu and see what happens...

Did it run well before?
If not, it´s because your CPU it´s not doing very well with the games. Is it a Celeron D CPU or a normal Celeron?
If it´s a normal Celeron, that´s the main issue. Also, try lowering the graphical settings a little and see if you gain more speed in larger maps. A effective way to gain more speed is lowering the resolution in the game to 800x600.

Good luck :wave: :giddy:

NVIDIA Ge Force FX Go 5200 problems with media players

Hi ,every body!I have Laptop Acer Aspire 1360,with NVIDIA GeForce FX Go 5200.I'v got a broblem with media players,they not showing the videos,they do for the first time ,but the next ones the screen goes green.Any body can help?Thanks!

It's a Celeron(R)...Its been doing this since I got it...I have the graphics set low and the resolution is set at 800x600...Maybe I should start from scratch again...

Is your graphics card PCI or AGP. If it´s PCI, and you have no AGP slot, you are stuck, just like me in the past.
But if you have an AGP slot, you can improve a little, but not too much, because the main bottleneck is that Celeron.
I know that feeling, it´s VERY VERY frustating.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back