GeForce GT 520 new driver causing dwm.exe to crash

Deery50

Hello, I am having a not life chaning but annoying driver error for the new driver of my Geforce GT 520. I have tested this multiple times (both using the windows update feature to update the driver automatically and manually installing it from the Geforce website) and every time I launch my computer it shows the windows aero affects from dwm.exe (Desktop Window Manager) and then:
2012-12-11_1715.png

and my theme is reverted to Windows Basic. So I'm just wondering if there is a fix or if I am the only one having this problem. Here is my GPU: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-520. Thanks.

You can try this. Go to your Control panel, Once it opens click on Administrative tools. Then scroll down to services ,Click on it. Once this window open. Scroll down to Desktop Window Manager Startup.. Make sure this is set at auto. If this dose not help. Go back under administrative tools . Then check under the Event Viewer. Under Applications or systems. You may fined the reason as to why you are having this problem. You also may have a corrupt DWM. Exe . In witch case you may need to run a windows repair. Hope this helps.

Back