GeForce RTX 4060 Ti vs. Radeon RX 6700 XT: Best Value 1440p GPU?

It seems to be very hard for TechSpot to write down in the conclusion that 6700XT is the better buy from the two tested cards. 4060 Ti currently does not make sense under any gaming circumstances. Go one step downwards, go one step upwards, buy older or buy used but do not buy the 4060Ti. On the other hand 6700XT is a good buy if you play up to 1440p don't want heavy RT and are able to do minor compromises. I know, bc I actually use a 6700XT.

Instead the author talks about other cards in the conclusion that weren't even tested here (4070) or actually make less sense than the 4060 Ti (that is the 4060Ti with 16GB).

It seems to be very hard for TechSpot to write down in the conclusion that 6700XT is the better buy from the two tested cards. 4060 Ti currently does not make sense under any gaming circumstances. Go one step downwards, go one step upwards, buy older or buy used but do not buy the 4060Ti. On the other hand 6700XT is a good buy if you play up to 1440p don't want heavy RT and are able to do minor compromises. I know, bc I actually use a 6700XT.

Instead the author talks about other cards in the conclusion that weren't even tested here (4070) or actually make less sense than the 4060 Ti (that is the 4060Ti with 16GB).
Point taken. I just shifted the last paragraph to the beginning of the conclusion to make things clearer.

I still marvel at the generational regression of focus from 1440p to 1080p in this tier of GPUs (still considered mid-tier?). It wasn’t so long ago that 1080p benchmarks were more about suitability for e-Sports, testing the CPU and providing a solid baseline for how the GPU scales at higher resolutions.

Sadly, they got scared by being blacklisted by Ngreedia. To the point that they are now going by the name Ngreedia Unboxed.

Oh and on Twitter, they have no issues in calling anyone that points out their bias AMD Fanbois.,

Really sad to see this, to be honest.

Sadly, they got scared by being blacklisted by Ngreedia. To the point that they are now going by the name Ngreedia Unboxed.

Oh and on Twitter, they have no issues in calling anyone that points out their bias AMD Fanbois.,

Really sad to see this, to be honest.
Oh, so now HUB is team ngreedia? Funny, you guys were calling HUB AMDumbs back when they were building ryzen test builds.

Maybe you guys should stop seeing paid boogeymen everytime you read something that disagrees with your opinions?

Oh, so now HUB is team ngreedia? Funny, you guys were calling HUB AMDumbs back when they were building ryzen test builds.

Maybe you guys should stop seeing paid boogeymen everytime you read something that disagrees with your opinions?
Never called them AMDumbs, since I always saw them switching between both brands.

About different opinions, I guess that yours is always valid and others (as expressed here by others besides me) is not.

Just grabbed a used 6700 XT for $250. Happy with it so far. Have been using a 5700 XT for awhile in another build, also happy with it. I have a GTX 1070 in another PC, but am never planning on buying anything new from Nvidia, ever again. If I ever do buy Nvidia again, it will be used. I will subsidize no more leather jackets.

Last edited:
Reviewers struggle with recommending AMD because of ray tracing performance and FSR not being as good as DLSS. It's hard to say whether ray tracing is viable or not and how many people want it. I think it's largely not important but ignoring it is also not the best idea. It's difficult, that. I bought RX 6700 XT a year ago at a horrible price of 580 euros because I wanted it for the holidays, I always advise people to wait but here I effd up and got a bad deal. The card itself is pretty good for 1440p as you can see from the review, it should last a couple more years.

because of ray tracing performance
Currently, I see RT as a gimmick, for several reasons:

1- Stupid performance hit for not noticeable return (with very few exceptions).

2- Very, very few games supports it in a meaningful way.

3- Needs "cheating" like FSR and DLSS (last one shines with fake frames, but the media dont call them that, of course).
4- There is no hardware right now and perhaps wont be one until at least a couple of gens, that provide future proofing.

In my eyes, it will stop being a gimmick until we can run RT/PT at 4K@120FPS on a GPU that cost around 350 bucks.

FSR not being as good as DLSS.
DLSS is a horrible tech that its main function is to keep you locked to ngreedia hardware and see how much of a FU to the consumers they provided with DLSS3 hardware requirements.

I know that Tim cannot say anything negative about DLSS (and seems that Steven is doing that more often also, but I will share this for your consideration.

Never called them AMDumbs, since I always saw them switching between both brands.
When the peanut gallery changes their opinion on whom HUB is biased towards, based on which GPU performed better, they earn the mockery.

About different opinions, I guess that yours is always valid and others (as expressed here by others besides me) is not.
Well, at least you recognize that just because people parrot your opinion it doesnt make you right.

Basically you forgot to add previous generation of AMD GPUs to the possible choices. And taking them for consideration for pure rasterization performance is they way to go:
The best sub $€200 GPU: Rx6600/Intel arc750
The best sub 250GPU: rx6650xt/Rx 7600
The best 300ish GPU: RX 6700xt
The best sub 450 GPU is Rx 6800
The best 500ish GPU is 6800xt
The best sub 600 GPU is 6950xt

If someone prefers dlss, frame gen, don't care about the best bang for the buck and is Ngreedia fanboy gets their products.

Because it is a terrible value proposition and it doesn't bring anything good to the market for the price it offers. Besides Ngreedia didn't provide them to tester prior the release.
Everyone should be calling out nGreedia if we actually want to see changes. But we all know people's pockets are filled with greed.

Back