getting 10fps with World of Warcraft with my Radeon 9550 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenazari

Guys Im not sure why Im getting this, but I was having problems installing the graphics card,

I had to set the aperture size to 256 even though its only a 128mb card :S

When Im playing wow the frame rate variest depending on what Im looking at :S no idea how to resolve - I've tweaked around in the settings of wow but to no prevail :S

Can you post your other system specs like CPU and memory and everything you know? We might be able to help you if you do.

sure spec is in my profile too.

Intel Pentium 4 2.8
2GB Corsair DDR RAM
120GB IDE Hard Drive
Sound Blaster X-Fi
2MB Broadband over wireless network (average ping of 86)

I used systemrequirementslab.com to check if my would be fine, it said my gfx card is fine on 1 page and checking the failed it said my gfx card wasnt good enough :S so it kinda contradicts itself.....

Did you say you just started playing WoW when it happened? or have you played WoW before with good fps?

Regards,

Korrupt

I've been playing wow for a while now, just never had a good fps....

Im now using this radeon 9550 because it is better than my old Nvidia 440 mx :p but Im getting the same crappy results....

its ok now :) turns out turning everything on full power worsen's performance (stupid me for forgetting that) but yeah works fine now - 50fps average :p

if your using ati's catalyst you go through the 3d settings, alot of "application controlled" just check that :p or turn the settings DOWN

Cgf said:
How do you take things everything off of full power?
I'm sure he meant having all the settings on high. I've not played that game but I bet there are anti aliasing settings, and detail settings, resolution setting, and stuff like that. Having those all turned up really taxes the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back