Gevey Ultra S SIM unlocks GSM iPhone 4S without voiding warranty

Shawn Knight

Staff member

A new unlocking tool for the iPhone 4S promises to do the deed without jailbreaking your handset. Known as the Gevey Ultra S SIM interposer, the plug-and-play device takes advantage of an exploit that fully unlocks your current generation Apple smartphone without voiding your warranty.

The Gevey Ultra S claims to work with all GSM networks meaning customers won’t have to buy separate kits for different networks. The unit “learns” your network type and settings upon insertion, making for a true plug-and-play solution.

The latest solution uses the F981 chipset which is said to operate under the 3v standard, meaning your battery should last just as long as it would without the Ultra S. Additionally, users aren’t required to dial the international emergency number (112) during installation or when rebooting. There are no SIM card cutting or physical modifications necessary and signal strength is said to be stronger than with previous versions that used an old exploit.

The unlocking tool only works with iOS 5.0 or 5.0.1 and only if your baseband digits are 1.0.11, 1.0.13 or 1.0.14. Furthermore, the device is only compatible with GSM iPhone 4S SIM cards – sorry CDMA users, you are out of luck for now. The $54.99 kit includes one custom Gevey SIM tray and an Ultra S SIM card – basically all you need to unlock your phone. Pre-orders are being accepted now with shipping to commence starting March 3.

Permalink to story.

"Additionally, users aren?t required to dial the international emergency number (112) during installation or when rebooting."

So it's a different exploit from before then? The previous gevey sims were a bit dubious given they were sort of abusing the emergency number.

It not the Gevey card, but the Jailbreaking process to your iphone void the warranty.

Thinking that jailbreaking a phone voids the warranty is a myth. The Supreme Court ruled against Apple almost 2 years ago on this very issue, they ruled that jailbreaking constitutes fair use and that Apple, or any device manufacturer, can't penalize consumers for jailbreaking their devices to gain access to full device functionality.

i have a sprint version of 4s, now to my understanding all 4s models are the same. so can I use the Gevey to unlock it for T-Mobile USA?

It works. It does everything it claims and its super easy to use. Tried it with Orange Mobile Poland and t-mobile USa. Will be in Europe for the next month so I will be trying it with at least 5 other SIM cards.

This solution is very much working in India . I have tried Vodafone , Idea , Tata-Dokomo with this sim card . This AT&T locked US based phone working here now. I have IOS 5.01 with FW 1.0.13 .

What is the exact Gevey Code for Orange Poland?

26003XX

What is the XX?

Back