Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5

I have brand new comp, but i have been noticing some performance issues. Every once in a while(usually when i start winamp or some other programs) the comp will freeze for about 5-8 secs then there will be this weird clicking sound from inside teh case. The system will unfreeze and work well again. Lately it has been worse. I play LOL and WOW and both have been freezing up(not responding) and not un freezing. I get great framerates when im sitting still or moving straight, but when i try to pan my camera it will give me like 1 - 2 FPS. Also LOL, might just be server side lag, because I can still see what people are doing and there isnt any jumping, but my clicks dont go through for several seconds some times.

I attached my device manager SS. Hope that helps. I have a good idea that the weird noise is the anti freezing feature the motherboard has kicking in, but why is it happening so often.

Attachments

• device manager.jpg
    device manager.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 3
I'm not so sure that feature would be making any noise. I wonder if you aren't getting enough power during higher demand times. What is your power supply? You didn't use one that came with the case did you?

I'd guess it's the harddrive, a possibly dying harddrive.
Next time you hear the sound, see if you can't tell where it's coming from.

650W Power supply. They guy said that would be more than enough. Man now that u mention it, I think i have herd that sound befor back when i had a head crash on my old comp.... ill see what drive winamp is installed on, and reinstall it on the other drive to test.

Brand and model are better than just the wattage. There are some 1000W PSU's out there that cannot even pump out 500W.
What are the ASUS references in Device Manager?
57** series are not the greatest gaming cards available either.

Back