Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R P35 Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickc

OK I guess I am a dummy. I have built several computers, but none with a Gigabyte Motherboard. I would appreciate anyone helping me install the drivers for this MB. It seems that one has to install the drivers for each slot and the card that goes in it, and this is a revision 3 board board which Gigabyte took the LPT printer port off of and I installed a PCI printer port but can not get to work and my sound card will not work.

Help Nick

I have revision 1.0 of that Gigabyte board which still has the parallel port. There was nothing different about this board regarding the drivers that I can remember. For each PCI device you install, each has to have it's own driver that you get with the PCI card or from its manufacturer's website. Of course, the motherboard drivers should already be installed. The only PCI device I have installed at the moment is a Creative sound card. It installed the same as on any other motherboard.

If the sound card driver is for integrated sound, that driver should be on the motherboard driver CD as all the other drivers are.

mailpup, I am trying to run a creative sound card and can install the drivers and still have no sound the card works on any other board.

You've tried the card in different PCI slots? I think that's what you said.

Edit: Did you disable the onboard sound in the BIOS? I did with my Creative card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back