Gigbyte usb driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

debbiesg

I have a gigabyte mobo and I have tried to install the usb driver but it says you don't need to with windows 2000. But the computer does not see them. It says there are no usb ports. Device manager says there is no usb ports. How can I install the driver and use my usb ports? Thanks
Debbie

you probably need the drivers native the the motherboard chipset. Should be on an installation disk that came with the mobo

Most often this is caused by corruption of the motherboard chipset... Which you can find by going to the website of the board, then searching for drivers... there are usually two downloads for motherboard chipsets... sometimes three.
If that doesn't work, you would best be served by buying a four, six, or eight port USB card to fit in a PCI slot. They work very well.

I went to the website and downloaded the drivers and still they don't work. When I went into System Information then Components then USB it says No USB Devices. Are they just bad or do I need to do something else? Thanks.
Debbie

I would install a PCI USB card...
What do you see when you go to the USB section of the Device Manager? There could be as many as 17 to 20 lines under Universal Serial Bus Controllers.... tell us what you see, except no need to report the USB Hub lines.

A PCI USB card with five 2.0 ports is only $8.00 to $12.00 at many sites. The Adaptec USB card is a great deal better but may run you $35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back