Girlfriend trouble!!

Has anyone got the same problem as me?
I could quiet happily spend all my spare time on my pc, surfing the net, playing games and downlading bits and pieces. but my girlfriend has other ideas, talking and other relationship based things.
She always whines about me spending to much time on it.

Um sure lots of you have had the same problem, but did any of you manage to find away to keep them quiet (without finishing the relationship) but that would be a bit extreme.

would love some ideas.

ajopz :bounce:

Buy her a computer and get her interested in the same things, "surfing the net, playing games and downlading bits and pieces".

This happends to me all the time.

This is what I do: I find her a hobby.

Yah, I do it kinda under the gun, so she doesn't realize my real intentions. I'll be like "hey honey, a friend of mines wife is having a scrapbook party, do you wanna go?"

That's all it takes. For the next 5 or 6 months, you will be grand. Just make sure when you start to notice the fad fizzle, to find another one quick!

Oh, BTW- These little hobbies that women enjoy cost way more than computers, so look out!

I think she is about to break up with you unless you pay her more attention, and spend more time with her.

Women don't understand that you would want to devote this amount of time to a machine. Well, most don't anyway. I would decide what is more important to you - your computing or her - and then choose what to do.

from mozart

I,m an older guy so let me give you some advice, get off the machine once in a while. I repair computers on the side and get bogged down in tech problems . But i found the best way to stay creative in this area is to take a break. That is when the best ideas come and it creats a balance. I studied creative problem solving also and many experts talk about their best ideas coming when they are away from seeing the problem to directly. PS heed the advice you got about losing her from the other writer . Good luck and all the best.

Mozart

My suggestion is to take some time away from your computer, just to show her how much you like her (if you like her :\). Even if its only one night, do something romantic, and don't talk about computers to her! Im only 15 but ive found out that talking about computers does tend to get people who know nothing about computers, bored.

Also yeah try to involve her with your computer life. Make a website together, anything that will make her feel special. Because if you carry on like this, and she decides that the relationship is meaningless, you'll feel alot worse for not spending time with her (based on EXPERIENCE)

My mom absolutely hates when my dad spends more than ten minutes on the computer! It's funny, because she can ask him for help with researching something, then she'll end up getting angry when he actually does the research! :blackeye:

I just recommend that you get off the computer every now-and-then. Rent a movie that she wants to see, and spend the night cuddled up on the couch with her.

Im gonna keep it simple for you.

Wake up earlier to surf or play or whatever you do, and go to sleep later. Play when you're eating or watching tv. During those other hours talk to her, with my experience she'll only need no more than an hour a day(not all at once). Go out to the movies or anything with her at least once a month and take her to any dances ( if you're still in high school).

dude!

hey ther. well i reckon you should tell her that u love spending time on your computer, tell her it's like her devoting her time to an elite sport, and she should respect that, but also u should make time for her so she's happy with the relationship and all. i mean if ur a teenager, it's a hell touchy age, where everything to chicks is about relationships, and all that crap, so u do have to pay a lot of attention to some of them... but i spose when ur a teenager a relationship is all about fun and experimentation... basically my advice, bottom line is that u should do what u feel is morally right, or do whatever u desire more, or balance them. or yeah...

Ok I may sound sad, but my computer IS my gilfriend she is called "ye old faithful," as she is slow i think she may be blond, but she turns on easily and doesn't make a fuss.

I would have to agree with the ones who said to balance your time. I am 26 and have been married for almost a year now. My wife, 23, doesn't understand why I enjoy working with computers or playing video games. But she knows that men, as a general rule, need something to take their minds off of relationships, work, and life in general for an hour or two a day in order to "reset" themselves.

However this is also a proven for women. They need the same "reset" in their day, but they acheive theirs in the form of conversation. The deeper and more stimulating the subject, the better. The only problem, is that this generally leads to even MORE talking.

I'm not sure of what your schedule is like, but my wife goes to work an hour after I get home in the morning. I spend 3 hours or so after she's gone and do my thing. When she gets home at night, she has a chance to get some time by herself and then after I get up, we have a few hours to do something together, It may be a movie on the couch, mini-golf, or just dinner and conversation.

Try setting aside time each day for each you, and the both of you. Maybe if you get onto a regular schedule, she'll be less likely to "nag" or complain when you're doing what you enjoy without her.

Either way, if you can regularly spend time with her, and let her know that you're "making time" to be with her, she'll be a lot more grateful for the time you two get to spend together.

Give up the girl...give up the computer and live your life all by yourself in a cardboard box behind Kroger

Back