Glary Utilities

Jack421

Does anyone trust cleaning there registry and defragging there registry with Glary Utilities , with its back up of registry feature, reliability and restore point.

Please note defragging the registry is not to be confused with defragging the hard drive and it is generally thought cleaning the registry without derfraging it will have no positive effects in terms of performance! However if one defrags the registry the performance is clearly visible and can shrink a registry from 80 Mega bytes to 998 kilobytes!

P.S. I heard Ccleaner is a preferred method to clean the registry, while Glary Utilities is preferred method to defrag the registry!

As long as you have backups it won't matter what happens to it. Just image the boot partition, try whatever you want and if something goes bad, restore the image.

Both CCleaner and Glary Utilities Registry cleaner both allow you to backup the registry BEFORE you 'clean' it. Do that, and you can then restore the old registry if errors happen afterwards.
But notice that CCleaner will only look for registry entries that refer to programs that have been uninstalled. It won't defrag the registry.
Both of these programs are 'light' scanners and cleaners, they are designed to do enough, but not so much as to make your pc unstable.

If it's any peace of mind, I have used both of these programs since they were first released, and I can't remember having to restore a backup.

Back