Gmail adds addresses to new emails

macx

Lately, Gmail has started adding unwanted addresses to the CC and BCC in new emails.
They are contacts from previous emails.

Very annoying, how to stop?

I have gone into Settings and selected "I'll add - - " versus allowing auto added addresses
but it keeps happening

Thanks

Lately, Gmail has started adding unwanted addresses to the CC and BCC in new emails.
They are contacts from previous emails.

Very annoying, how to stop?

I have gone into Settings and selected "I'll add - - " versus allowing auto added addresses
but it keeps happening

Thanks
While disabling "Create contacts for auto-complete" helps, it might not catch everything. Completely remove unwanted suggestions by managing your Google Contacts. Open contacts.google.com and delete any email addresses you don't want Gmail to suggest. This should stop them from popping up in your new emails.

It sounds like you might be referring to Gmail's autocomplete feature. Gmail remembers email addresses you've previously contacted or interacted with, and it suggests them when you start typing in the "To" field of a new email. This feature is designed to save time and make it easier to address emails to people you frequently communicate with. If you find it inconvenient or if it's suggesting incorrect addresses, you can disable or manage this feature in your Gmail settings.

Back