Good Deal on Dells?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, i ordered a Dell 1520.
here are the best i can specify it;

My Components
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5250 (1.5GHz/667Mhz FSB/2MB cache)
Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition
Flamingo Pink
Glossy, widescreen 15.4 inch display (1280x800)
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100
1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 667MHz
80GB SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)
CD writer / DVD player (Combo Drive)
Dell Wireless 1390 802.11g Mini-Card
Integrated 2.0M Pixel Webcam
56Whr Lithium Ion Battery (6 cell)
High Definition Audio 2.0

My Software & Accessories
No Security Subscription (30-day trial)
Microsoft Works 8. DOES NOT INCLUDE MS WORD
Logitech V220 Wireless Mouse - Flamingo Pink
My Service
1Yr In-Home Service, Parts + Labor,24x7 Phone Support
Free 3 GB Online Backup for 1Yr
No ISP requested

Also Includes
Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 8.1
Flamingo Pink color w/ 2.0M pixel Camera
Windows Vista™ Premium
Intel® Core™2 Duo Label
Inspiron 1520.

the price - $979.54

i don't plan to do anything extreme, school work & light gaming (the sims 2), i have NO IDEA what all of this means. did i make a good deal? or do you think i will have problems?

[EDIT: also wireless internet, it should be able to carry out my networking service]

dells are ok pc's and your one sounds good to me but i don't think they like being upgraded e.g. putting more ram in, but you've got a laptop so that's not really an issue ;)

from my experience i'd have gone with a bit more than 1gb ram for having vista although i am using ultimate edition so i don't know if that uses up more memory than the other ones :)

My vista basic does seem to run a little slow with my 512 MB of RAM, but thats why I am adding another 512 to it until I get ambitious enough to run 2 gig.
Scott

i used to run vista on 512mb, when the startup stuff was finished it was already using 80% of my ram and everything was really slow so i got a second 512mb stick :) unfortunately that's all my motherboard can take otherwise i'd add more :D

Well if your just someone who browses the net and download movies ect..

Then this is good for you.

Regards Jase :)

Just remember to remove all the junk software that Dell always
secretes somewhere on it`s systems.

Daveskater, when you added that extra 512 stick, did it help alot? I have some 512 on the way for mine, and have 512 in it already. I wanted to go to 2 gig, but this extra stick of 512 was free, so I figured I would try adding it first.
Scott

Yes you would benefit more. I have 2 gig of ram and all i can say is wow.
Such a big difference you notice the speed. :D

Regards Jase :)

Good deal. I got this stick of 512 for free. It should be here in a day or two. Thats the only reason I didn't go all the way to 2 gigs. I will eventually go to 2 gigs, but for now, I am just gonna stick in another 512.
Scott

If you ever have any issues with dell plan on spending a lot of time chatting with them. They seem to employ a bunch of retards in their tech support department. I set up a service depot recently to have my lcd replaced due to dead pixels and contacted them again to see if they would also look into a memory parity error I'm getting when they have my laptop and it took about an hour to explain to this retard that all I wanted to do was see if they could look at that while they had the computer. The guy kept trying to get me to go through trouble shooting stuff and I had to keep explaining to him that I already did it and all I wanted to do was have them check it out because I was already sending it in for something else. And, finally after about an hour he's like "oh, do you already have a service depot set up?" I'm like "YES!!! I SAID THAT LIKE 20 TIMES NOW!"

It is quite frustrating dealing with them. But, I'll give em this, once you go through all the troubleshooting crap they do send you whatever it is that you need with no problem. I've had my cpu/processor replaced, ram replaced twice, charger replaced, all free of charge.

Some people seem to love their dells and have no problems with them, but I personally will never buy anything from dell again because I paid $2,000 for my laptop and its a pos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back