Good Encryption software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of Sam

i just got out of being inpaitent at a mental health facuility :giddy: and my moms threatening to break into (hire someone to hack my login pass basically) my computer and rid me of my precious music collection. i need a way to keep whoever she pays out for as long as possible. anything that i can use beyond the xp pro login screen will be ok, but if its something powerful that will be better.

i have a bios password too. im worried that my mom can just open my case and have some dude reset my bios. anyway to stop that aside from locking my case (she may have a key...not sure). im thinkging it needs to be as cheap as possible

Encrypting it will only prevent someone from accessing the music, not from deleting it.
If you are that mad about the music, copy it onto another harddisk, then take it out and hide it in some safe place. Everybody will be happy!

Either DVD backup or HDD backup as RBS said. Other than that, you are pretty much at the whym of whoever this madman your mom hires :p

Eirther that or build a sturdy metal box into which you can fit your PC and lock it with a padlock.

Seriously though, do yourself a favour and make a backup.

(Taking out the hard disk and hiding it may also be an interesting idea!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back