Good laptop battery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedster

Wow, I just realized today, my laptop battery has been running for a little more than 3 years. I'm impressed. Anyone else got some long ones also?

I have 2 dell d600. for one of them I had to replace the battery after a little more than 2 years but the other one becomes 4 years in march and the battery does still work round about 2hrs.

my battery life has never been great. I got a toshiba m35x-s163, but it has always held around the same amount of time - about 1.5 hours. I use it once it a while on battery power. But I have to say, this laptop and battery have been extremely durable. The machine went to Iraq and back as well as Korea and back under extreme weather conditions in both places.

you are lucky... :D!

im having an acer travelmate which is 3 years old now....
the battery capacity has been reduced 64%.
which means now the full capacity is only 36% of when it was new...

at bought, its 65wh. (65000mWh)
and now it's 25wh only.... :(

as people said, battery degrades by time but i have no choice for this one...
most surprisingly, my battery, sanyo model, have a temp indicator...

when i check on toshiba satellites, sony vaios and another travelmates, they do not have battery temperature! glad that although mine is crappy, it still has an unique feature...

oh yeah, i have a cousin who own vaio and satellite. her satellites is 6 months younger than my laptop, but her wear level* is still at 0%... i wonder how good if mine were like that too... ;)

*wear level= level indicating how much full charge capacity have become less than designed capacity.

I really don't know what the capacity is at this point for my system. It has never been very good. But when I do use it, I tend to drain it all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back