Google Chrome breaks 7% market share

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jos

Staff

Google's Chrome managed to break past 7% market share in May, according to Net Applications data, as the increasingly popular web browser continues to lure away users its rivals. Specifically, Chrome rose roughly 0.3 points to 7.1%, while Opera and Appe's Safari each grew 0.1 points to 2.4% and 4.8%, respectively. The share losses came from Internet Explorer, which dropped 0.3 points to 59.7%, and Mozilla's Firefox which saw a slight drop to 24.4%.

Even though Internet Explorer lost share overall, the very latest version, IE 8, grew at a higher rate than any of the competition with almost a full percentage point increase to 29%. Although the much-despised IE 6 still holds around 10-18% of the global market share, a report from StatCounter claims its usage dropped below 5% in the U.S. and Europe for the first time, which suggests that Microsoft has had some success in getting people to upgrade.

The browser market has become increasingly competitive with new features being built into browsers along support for new web standards. Google just released Chrome 5.0 in stable builds for Windows, Linux and Mac. This new version is said to be much faster than predecessors and sports HTML5-based geolocation APIs and improved sync functionality along other features.

Permalink to story.

That is a great question. Who knows...

It is unbelievable chrome has, what? 1 year stable? And it already has roughly more market share than Safari and Opera combined. Of course, this is mostly thanks to Google, and YouTube for that matter. But still...

Chrome still needs to be much more polished to beat Firefox overall though, but if it keeps this up, Firefox is going to be in trouble.

Currently trying out Opera on my laptop. Happy so far. Seems to be stable. Main feature I like compared to Firefox is the Aero Tabbed browsing works for Opera Tabs. Firefox still doesnt work for me and just shows me the tab titles in a stack

Yukka there is way to turn on aero tabs for firefox cuz I have it turned on for mine. Do a search .. there is just a setting you change in firefox config

Guest said:
When is Chrome coming out for the iPhone?

Forget iPhone, where's Chrome for Android?!

Android uses Webkit for it's browser, similar to iPhone, however Chrome has integrated Adobe Flash into the browser, which is a no no for the draconian Apple market. Chrome could be coming to Android army, but I doubt that it will make it to the bitten fruit. What I would like to know is when?

Google chrome is good enough to maintain and increase its market share in the long run.
http://www.************.com/health-articles/advanced-colon-max-review-amp-free-trial-2146370.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back