Google launches ARM-powered 11.6-inch Chromebook for $249

Matthew

Google has announced a new Chromebook that's pitched as a low-cost, hassle-free computing solution for everyone from kids to elders. Priced at only $249 (£229 in the UK), Google says the Samsung XE303C12 represents the culmination of its Chromebook initiative,...

[newwindow="https://www.techspot.com/news/50541-google-launches-arm-powered-116-inch-chromebook-for-249.html"]Read more[/newwindow]

Gareis

How much does a new battery cost, and how do long do they last, is the real question.

VitalyT

TechSpot Elite
It is a browser OS, for crisake, any tablet that exists will do a lot more because it would also have lots of applications on it.

PLUS: Fastest and best browser
MINUS: No stand-alone applications.

The bottom line: One can get iPad 2 for the same money today, which will do a lot more than just browsing internet.

Gareis

It is a browser OS, for crisake, any tablet that exists will do a lot more because it would also have lots of applications on it.

PLUS: Fastest and best browser
MINUS: No stand-alone applications.

The bottom line: One can get iPad 2 for the same money today, which will do a lot more than just browsing internet.
Not quite, an iPad 2 costs $399.00 a whole $150.00 more than the chrome book, however, I think the extra cost is probably worth spending, downside to iPads, no additional storage, no cabled data transfer. The USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports on the chrome book are certainly enticing, however you can get far better laptops for only a few hundred more.

SCJake

Clarify: I say that because the old ones that were 4g capable also came with 1 year free 4g access (capped at 200MB a month if I remember correctly)