Google Re-Direct (log files attached)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everytime I do a Google search and try to click on a search result link I get redirected to other sites. I performed the 8 steps for prelimanarty removal and I've attached all the requested log files. What do I do next?

You mbam shows entries which require deletion on reboot. Have you rebooted?

Boot into safe mode. Go to start > run > services.msc

search for the following entries and stop them from running. Right click > properties to set their start up to 'Disabled'

McAfee Application Installer Cleanup
Windows Tribute Service

Next run HijackThis and fix these entries:
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O18 - Protocol: qbwc - {FC598A64-626C-4447-85B8-53150405FD57} - mscoree.dll (file missing)
O23 - Service: McAfee Application Installer Cleanup (0302441178484714) (0302441178484714mcinstcleanup) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\TEMP\030244~1.EXE (file missing)
O23 - Service: Windows Tribute Service - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\kdigj.exe
Reboot into normal mode and run Hijackthis and save a new log. Post that log in your next reply.

OK, here is the new log file..

Yes, I did reboot after mbam. I did everything else you said except - the two entries starting with 023 were not there for me to fix. I've attached the log file.

Your system is looking alot cleaner now. Are you facing any further issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back