Google redirect problem - logs included

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got the virus (or is it a rootkit?) that causes links clicked in Google search results to redirect to unrelated sites.

I've run through the 8-step process and attached are the 3 logs requested.

I've run CCleaner, SuperAntiSpyware, Anti-Malware, Spybot, Windows Defender, and probably a few other things I can't remember now.

I really appreciate your help.

Judging by my reading of other threads on this subject, it looks like my next move is to run ComboFix. Here's the log file it generated.

Avast has begun seeing a new virus that I hadn't previously noticed, so maybe this is getting worse. It's reporting it as "Win32:Alureon-CE[RTK]" located at c:\windows\system32\geyekrmsbhbcdi.dll. Unfortunately, Avast doesn't seem to be able to remove it.

I've had it do a couple Boot-Time scans, but that seems to have caused me to lose the ability to boot Windows at all, except in Safe Mode. It stops at the Welcome screen (after I've entered my password) but the "working" pointer keeps animating. Maybe I'm not giving it enough time, but so far I've waited about 10 minutes and nothing has happened. Normally, I boot up pretty quickly. The scan does find several files in Avast's temp folder (with .tmp extension) but it's unable to repair them. I'm about to do another boot scan and have it just delete the offending files.

I'd really hate to have to format because it's such a pain, but I haven't been able to find any solutions so far. Looks like I've found a new one.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back