Google results redirect problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi...
Clicking on most Google search results redirect me to different sites than it's supposed to. I ran the 8-steps in the guide, Anti-Malware and SuperAntiSpyware detected and removed a lot of bad items but I'm still have the google problem. Any help would be much appreciated! Attached logs.

Welcome to TechSpot, 10rocfej. I'll check the logs for you. One thing I noticed is a large amount of Tracking Cookies. I'll get those under control for you, but it usually means the user isn't doing routine maintenance on the system- like disc cleanup, defrag, etc.

Reset Cookies

For Internet Explorer: Internet Options (through Tools or Control Panel) Privacy tab> Advanced button> CHECK 'override automatic Cookie handling'> CHECK 'accept first party Cookies'> CHECK 'Block third party Cookies'> CHECK 'allow per session Cookies'> Apply> OK.

For Firefox: Tools> Options> Privacy> Cookies> CHECK ‘accept Cookies from Sites’> UNCHECK 'accept third party Cookies'> Set Keep until 'they expire'. This will allow you to keep Cookies for registered sites and prevent or remove others.

I suggest using the following two add-on for Firefox. They will prevent the Tracking Cookies that come from ads and banners and other sources:
AdBlock Plus
Easy List

Please reopen HijackThis to 'do system scan only'. Unless you can identify these files and I can confirm that they aren't malware, (some malware causes a string of random characters when it executes) please put a check by each entry:

C:\5a0dea8755d9f528fddd47\spclite.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [xgtcw] C:/Users/Jeff/Downloads//svotuqi.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [shftk] C:/Users/Jeff/Downloads//ycmnloy.exe

Close all Windows except HijackThis and click on "Fix Closed."

Please download ComboFix HERE:
  • With ComboFix, at the download window, please rename it to Combo-Fix(.exe) before downloading it.
  • Please disable all security programs, such as antiviruses, antispywares, and firewalls. Also disable your internet connection.
  • Run Combo-Fix.exe and follow the prompts.
    (Understand that things like your system clock changing and your desktop disappearing might happen. Do not worry, because all will be restored later.)
  • Wait for the scan to be completed.
  • If it requires a reboot, please do it.
• After the scan has completed entirely, please post the log here. The log will be located at C:\ComboFix(.txt)

Notes:

• 1.Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
    2. ComboFix may reset a number of Internet Explorer's settings, including making I-E the default browser.
    3. Combofix prevents autorun of ALL CD, floppy and USB devices to assist with malware removal & increase security. If this is an issue or makes it difficult for you -- please tell your helper.
    4. CF disconnects your machine from the internet. The connection is automatically restored before CF completes its run. If CF runs into difficulty and terminates prematurely, the connection can be manually restored by restarting your machine.

Rescan with HijackThis when through and include new log in our next reply as weel as the report from Combofix.

Handling logs and reports:

The only log that needs to be pasted in the reply is the HijackThis log.

All other logs and reports can be attached unless your helper asks otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back