Google search & process blocking virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiFi

Hello,

I've seen this problem a lot as of late. Unfortunately I caught the virus as well. My google searches are getting redirected to various random sites, the iexplorer.exe process comes up on its own, and it seems to be blocking any anti-virus programs I have from running/being installed.

Its getting very annoying very fast. I've attached my HiJack This log.

please help.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    6.3 KB · Views: 6
I'm having the exact same problem (both the redirect and the blocking of the programs like the Malware recommended in the 8 list, so I look forward to seeing possible solutions.)

Just a quick thought until you get the problem fixed, having an anti-script program like NoScript, which I have on my computer, can prevent some of the redirect scripts from working properly, and so when I try to use google, although it tries to redirect to the fake sites, if I wait a few seconds, it will go to the site I was trying to get to. If I click on the page or URL bar while it's trying, then it will go to the fake sites.

Hello HiFi

It´s an old version of hijackthis you have used, therefore, please uninstall it.

Uninstall your AVG Antivirus
Run the removal tool:
[http://www.avg.com/filedir/util/avg_arm_sup_____.dir/avgremover.exe

See if you can complete these steps ->

8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions
https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Post attached log´s from:

Malwarebyte
Superantispyware
Hijackthis

In your next reply

littlemy -> I´ll suggest you also follow the 8 - step guide, and post the log´s in your own new topic as it is confusing with more log´s in same thread

Hi Touch,

I had no intention of posting my logs in HiFi's thread. I was just stopping in to suggest a software that can help with the problem until it's solved. (No Script).

I will mention, though, that as HiFi mentioned, and I and quite a few others have experienced, the script blocks the installation and running of programs such as Malwarebyte and SuperAntiSpyware.

I was able to get around that by running CombifFix.

Ok littlemy, I just read this "If I click on the page or URL bar while it's trying, then it will go to the fake sites." As if you needed help -sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back