Got a new comp, games won't work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a new comp, games won't work... please help

I recently bought a new computer, has 512 RAM, AMD Anthlon 2500+ (1830 MHz) and a 70 GB Hard drive, video card is an onboard one, an SiS one: Plug and Play Monitor on SiS 650/651/740/661FX/741/760 Series.

Now here is my problem, I've tried a few games : Alien vs Predator 2, Warcraft 3 the Frozen Throne, and World of Warcraft.

The games either get an error, or the computer just restarts itself all together without any notification, and I try the game again, few mins into it, happens again... This really frustrates me, I contacted the comps technical support and I haven't got any answer yet, so I'm trying here because this is my bros new comp and I just feel really bad for him right now.

I need to know what can cause this, can it be the card? I tried to look for updated drivers, but I don't know what model it is and I tried the site and just coundl't figure it out, I also got dirext x9c. Anyways can the restarting and errors be from the video card? Could it be because the drivers arent updated, if there is an update? Can installing a new video card fix this problem? I really need some help guys...Thanks in advance. All suggestions are welcomed.

Also, now when I try and run World of Warcraft it says:

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #0 (0x85100000)
Program: C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
File: C:\build\buildWoW\Storm\Source\SFile.cpp
Line: 5350
Expr: block <archiveptr-> header.blockcount.

Download video drivers here http://www.sis.com/support/
But onboard video, especially SIS, is useless when it comes to playing games that have come out in the past few years. You need to get a video card. Hopefully your motherboard has an AGP slot. You can get a decent card for about $60.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back