GPU or display not functioning normally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just recently I have started facing a problem with graphics on my PC. First off, my GPU is a Nvidia GeForce 8300GS and my system is a Dell Inspiron 530s with Vista 32bit, SP1. The system is just over a year old.

When booting up my PC everything functions fine except the graphics, which are totally non existent. This has happened in 3 different ways multiple times. Either I will see graphics just to the boot screen, and the monitor will go into Power Save Mode, I won't have graphics at all (which is the current state), or I will have a long but rare period where the graphics will be fine. It has been totally without graphics for some time now.

I have carefuly cleaned the graphics card and the entire system and checked the cords. At one point the GPU fan had gotten stuck and the temperature of it had reached temperatures above the maximum temperature, so I'm wondering if this may have damaged it. I have since fixed the fan. I'm not sure where to go from here, so any advice would be great!

I would think the graphics card got damaged, especially if your fan had stopped working for a while before you found out. You may want to test it on another system or test another graphics card in your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back