[FONT=Helvetica]I just bought a new setup:[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]Intel i7 3770K[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]MSI GTX 660 TFZ[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]8GB corsair vengeance 1600[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]PSU 600W[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]I've connected them all correctly... there mobo has a panel for debugging, and it says: "97" which means:"Console Output devices connect (ex. Monitor is lighted)"[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]I tried to remove the GFX card and to use the onboard. It worked. I tried to install windows, but the keyboard and the mouse is not working on the installation process...[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica][/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]Not sure what's going on wrong here...the gfx card should work just fine....any ideas? It's driving me crazy[/FONT]

For that card, you should have gone with a 750W PSU, the recommended is a bare minimum. if I am not mistaken, twin frozrs use higher clocks, which consumes more power. also a 600W psu is not really a good buy if you are going with a unlocked (k) cpu...

I would return the PSU and get a 750W one. also it may be a faulty PSU or Mobo

The PSU is old actually like 3 years old but was a good one, pretty expensive when I bought it...

I was actually thinking that it's the graphics card that might be broken... I plugged my previous graphics card on the mobo and it work, so did the onboard one...

You think that the power supply is not enough? Or the graphics card is broken?

Just checking but is the 6 pin PCI-E connector from the power supply plugged into the graphics card?

Yes it is connected... Though just to note that down, the PSU has 2 Pin connectors for the graphics card. The graphic card I have has just 1 connector and it has an extra adaptor that converts the Pin connector to 2x white cables like these:
power-supply5.jpg

That's the graphic's card connector
4935_09_msi_geforce_gtx_660_twin_frozr_2gb_oc_video_card_review_full.jpg

The fans are working...I just dont get that Beep sound, neither I get anything on the monitor....

I would get a new power supply, it wont hurt since newer ones are more efficient and are more consistent. yeah make sure you connect the pci-e connector, oh you have molex connectors, yeah you definitely wanna move away from that, pci-e is much different from molex, you need a pci to molex adapter, it comes with the GPU I think

With modern GPU's, molex connectors are just not enough to power those beasts. they are outdated. get this, it comes with the pci e connectors btw:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139012&name=Power-Supplies

but if you are planning to OC your CPU, you will need a 750W and a aftermarket cooler

Ah they called molex! Thanks, good to know! :)

Yup the GFX card came with that:
b95b0618_molex-to-pci-express-2.jpeg

So you think that it's my PSU? Not my graphics card?

Also for some reason, the PSU's fan...goes mad when I boot it using the onboard graphics card...it's unstable...makes too much noise...but I mean too much, sometimes it goes quiet sometimes goes loud...no clue , but by the way more than it was making on my old setup which by the way was:
P5KC Mobo
4GB Ram
GTS 250
Q6600

I am not familiar with how to set up molex, just PCI e, but I would say just get a 750W Gold PSU, it will have plenty room for GPU and CPU oc'ing. if you wanna SLI then go 850W. 750W is the bare minimum for SLIing

What I worry about is that what if the issue is the GFX card and not the PSU? You are totally sure that it's PSU that's causing the issue?

What I worry about is that what if the issue is the GFX card and not the PSU? You are totally sure that it's PSU that's causing the issue?

I am not completely sure, but it would not hurt at all to get a new PSU anyways. Also arent corsair's psu under warranty for 5 years?? it may also be a GPU issue. what exactly are your symptoms? can you elaborate a bit? make sure you have the molex cable from your psu connected to the 6 pin on your GPU via the converter :http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/305912-33-connect-power-supply-graphics-card

The symptoms are:

1) When I plug my GFX Card, the pc does not Beep, the monitor shoes nothing, just a black screen and both the mouse and the keyboard do not light (I have gaming mouse and keyboard so they should light up when they got power). I have connected the gfx with a 6 pin to 2x Molex adaptor that the card provided.

2) I unplug my GFX card and use the onboard gfx card of the motherboard. The computer boots up and beeps, mouse and keyboard power on. I have access to bios and everything. (I've tried to disable the internal graphics card and force it to select the PCI-E source for graphics, didn't work out). The PSU Fan goes mad, sometimes it goes super loud (which is not normal), sometimes it goes back to normal, quiet.

3) Tried my previous graphics card (GTS 250) and it worked.

I'll bring the whole rig to the shop I bought them from tomorrow to check it out to be 100% sure...!

Thanks for the help !!!

Went to the local shop where I bought it from, and, the card wasnt compatible with the mobo...changed it for a Saphire 7870 OC one....much better than the one I had! Hopefully it will work...I'll have it on Wednesday

Wtf. GTX 660s are fine with all intel boards. also great choice since Driver 12.11 today was announced in time for the holidays and it improves performance a ton.

No clue man..that's what the technicians told me, they said they tried ton of other cards on my mobo, and all worked, all than GTX 660....they also tried the GTX 660 on few other setups and it worked.... :( and it's was the 3rd card I RMAed...so it seems to be a compatibility issue....

I've read few reviews about the Sapphire HD 7870 OC, lot of people complain about black screens, otherwise, they say its an awesome card :S

There is something wrong here.... the 7870 is great, they are right about that, but about the incompatibility... nope, that is BS. I would return the whole rig to the store you bought it from and get piece by piece. but first off did u get parts from newegg? or from a store?

I bought the pc parts by parts...and nope not from newegg, I dont live in the US I bought it from a chain-store just like newegg though, pretty huge stores...

check here as you can tell there are many, really many people reporting that they get a black screen with a buzzing noise

Also I read the reviews on newegg, same there...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102983
Might go for the Palit GTX 670?

So I'm not sure

Yes I will go for gaming, I'd go for 670 most likely dont wanna risk it with another 660....
a 660ti is different from a 660, it is basically a 670 with a lower memory buffer, for 100 bucks less. what mobo do you have? you may need to rma that.

Back