Graphic card

Status
Not open for further replies.

scyap

may i know wat graphic card is best for gaming?

nVidia geforce or ATi ?

may i know what is a VGA Controller ?

Both companies make excellent cards for games. Which one is better is a matter of opinion for the most part, unless there is just one specific game you want to play. For example if you ONLY play one game, and it is openGL based, then nvidia tends to outperform ATI. Each has it's own area of specialty, but in general they even out.

And to answer your other question, a "VGA controller" is just another name for "graphics card".

gah !! thats too true...so many threads about Nvidia vs. ATI...it's really just personal preference since they tend to beat each other in different areas.

I would suggest that u check out graphics card benchmarks for the game or games that u plan on playing with this card.

now if u dont know what a benchmark is its a test that somebody runs with a bunch of video cards on a certain game to find out how well that certain game will perform with the card and posts it on the net. try googling "benchmark (game name)"

i have many games i cant play with ATI... like battlefield2 and others...

what is OPEN GL ?

OpenGL basically is a programming language used in creating 3D games. DirectX is the other main language used. Nvidia tends to be better at working with OpenGL based games, and ATI better at DirectX programmed games.

Why can't you play games with ATI? I don't think it is an ATI problem, it is likely a driver/faulty hardware problem. ATI makes excellent cards, (although I personally prefer nVidia).

hell yah!! that 512 radeon crossfired would kill me...but then again theres that ASUS 7800 with 2 CORES on each card....4 cores SLI damn!!!! hehe well i'm done wiggin out here....and besides...most ppl buy midrange cards...i.e. 6600 or 6800..unless you happen to have $300-$400 u just wanna shell out for the hell of it.

hmmmm

LipsOfVenom said:
hell yah!! that 512 radeon crossfired would kill me...but then again theres that ASUS 7800 with 2 CORES on each card....4 cores SLI damn!!!! hehe well i'm done wiggin out here....and besides...most ppl buy midrange cards...i.e. 6600 or 6800..unless you happen to have $300-$400 u just wanna shell out for the hell of it.

i head abt crossfire, but dont know what is it... can someone tell me wat is it ?

Well.... not quite.

Crossfire is ATI's version of SLI. If you have a motherboard that supports crossfire settups, you can install 2 ATI graphics cards together to get increased performance.

the good thing is the even though SLi requires two identical gfx cards (i.e. same model and manufacturer) the crossfires let you have two different cards as long as they are crossfire compatible and one is master and the other is essentially slaved. So they can be different (i.e. one is 256 MB and the other is 128 MB) but they will still increase performance theoretically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back