Graphics Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
HP Pavilion dv8000t CTO NB

About one month ago I was playing a game (DAOC) and continued to have graphic glitches that would eventually reboot my computer. It once did not completely reboot my computer but gave me the error "NV4_DISP Driver has stopped working normally ect..." After about the 3rd reboot, my screen went completely gray with some horizontal lines through it. Since I could see nothing but gray I hooked up an external monitor which worked, but was full of vertical lines. I could only get into windows through safe mode. I eventually just did a total destructive recovery, but it did not completely reformat because of the issue with my NV4_DISP driver issue.

After talking to HP, and kind of coming to the conclusion it was a graphics card issue, I decided to fork out the money (because it is out of warranty) and send it in for repair. One week later I get the machine back where the paperwork said they replaced my "system board" and "Audio PCL". I re-install a few things including the game and load it up again. Everything works fine for a few minutes and then my screen becomes staticy before eventually rebooting. I go to my graphics card settings and watch the temperature which was idling around 50 C...and once I started the game eventually got to 60 C before it started becoming staticy again. Once it started going staticy I could Alt-Tab back to desktop and the static would go away when it was not being stressed, although long periods of time surfing the web eventually got the same static.

So I send my Laptop in for the second time, get it back a couple weeks later. Paperwork says they once again Replaced and Upgraded my system board. I load the game up, everything works well. The whole night, no real problems, the next day, fire up the game, play for a bit and all of a sudden my screen glitches and pretty much freezes. The game stops responding, I finally get back to the desktop to end program and everything is moving slow. I reboot and it loads up with vertical lines, tries to load into windows but goes to a blueish screen that fades into another color that fades into another color and then black.

I am now sending it back for the 3rd time. Is there any suggestions? The laptop is 2 years old, and have never had a problem like this before running the same game.

Genuine Windows XP Home Edition
- Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo processor T2500 (2.0 GHz)
- 17.0" WXGA+ Ultra BrightView Widescreen (1440x900)
- 256MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 7600
- 2.0GB DDR2 SDRAM (2x1024MB)
- 100 GB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
- Super Multi 8X DVD+/-R/RW w/Double Layer Support
- Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network w/Bluetooth
- No TV Tuner w/remote control
- 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
- Microsoft(R) Works/Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back